Chapter 9

Hey guys! I just wanted to say thank you to everyone reading my book. Please comment your opinion about my book. Please be honest. I really need to know if I'm any good at this or not. Thanks. Enjoy!

"Can you turn the A/C on? It's getting hot in here." I fanned my face with my hands, trying to cool down.

"Turn it on yourself." Ezra gave me a nasty look, soon returning his attention to the busy road.

We've been driving in complete silence for about five minutes now. I know it doesn't seem long but when you're with someone you can't stand, it feels like a life time.

"I don't know how to work it. This is your car. You do it!" I shouted, once again annoyed with him.

"I'm driving and you're the one that's got sweat dripping from your forehead. If you want it on, do it yourself."

I rolled my eyes, grunting as I attempted to work the air conditioner.

I turned to the window, gazing out of it as my thoughts made their way back to the fight. I still can't get the image of Austen banging Drakes head into the wall out of my mind. I really wish Drake and Ezra would leave this between Austen and I. It's no one else's business, but this is high school. Everyone is going to be involved.

"So what happened between you and Austen? He told me y'all dated but he never said why you broke up." Ezra seemed genuinely interested as he glanced over at me.

Like I said, everyone wants to know everyone else's business.

"You haven't heard? It's all over the school."

"No, I don't listen to all of the rumors. I know most of them aren't true and if I want to know something, I'll ask that person face to face; not go ask some idiot trying to start drama."

I wish everyone was like that.

"Ask him yourself. He would probably love to tell you. Austen's proud of what he's done. That's why when I moved, he announced why we broke up to the whole school."

When Brooklyn called and told me Austen convinced the principal, who just so happens to be his uncle, in to letting him use the school's intercom to announce the reason we broke up, I was pissed and beyond embarrassed. He was such a jerk for doing that to me but I was embarrassed because the whole school knew I was being played by the school's biggest playboy.

"If he doesn't tell me, I'm coming back to ask you. I'm gonna figure out one way or another."

"Why do you even care? It's none of your dang business anyways."

"I just want to know what he did to you." Ezra mumbled. I could tell he was being honest. I still don't know why he wants to know but I'm just gonna leave it be.

"Turn left here and then it's your first house on the right, but park a little bit before you get to my house. I don't wanna wake up my dad."

Ezra snickered, "Why? Did you sneak out?"

"Yes I did. Got a problem with it?"

"No. I just wouldn't think a girl like you would sneak out."

"A girl like me?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

"Yeah you know. A goody too shoes girl that can't hurt a fly. Always doing what her parents tell her to do. A big mommies girl. Baking cookies with your mom, singing songs, going to church..."

He just had to mention my mom. I know he doesn't know my mom's...not here, but it still hurts when anyone mentions her. I guess Ezra noticed I was hurt because he pulled his car over and put his arm around my shoulder.

"Hey is everything okay? You seem like you're about to cry."

"I'm fine." I declared, shoving his arm off of me and opening the car door.

"Thanks for bringing me home."

"No problem. I'm sorry about being a jerk before. Can I have your number? You know, just in case you need a ride somewhere else."

Seriously? He was starting to get on my good side until now. He is such a player.

"No you can't have my number. Just because I let you give me a ride home tonight doesn't mean I will any other time. I was just ready to get away from your stupid party!! Please, just leave Ezra!!" I exclaimed, walking to my bedroom window.

"That's right! Just walk away Kylie! Just like you moved away when Austen dumped you!"

Oh no he just didn't.

"Austen didn't dump me! I dumped him!! He's the one that had to cheat on me with that whore Britney!! I moved away because my dad's job was transferred to Florida! Not because Austen and I broke up!! Ugh!! You are such a freakin' a**hole! Stay away from me Ezra!!!" I declared, glaring at Ezra through the passenger side window.

"Thanks for telling me. See you at school Monday." Ezra smirked, driving away.

I seriously cannot stand that boy! He just had to find out from me. I'm ready to go to sleep and forget about my stupid life while I escape to dreamland.