Chapter 7

"No, Brooklyn. That dress is so slutty. I would never wear that. It looks like somethin' Miley Cyrus would wear." I declared, being my usual stubborn self.

Brooklyn always seems to find clothes that make me look like a hooker. This is a party we're going to, not some street corner.

"Well you need somethin' to make Austen regret he ever cheated on you."

We've been shopping for the past two hours. Neither of us had a decent enough dress for the party so we decided to go buy a dress. Brooklyn found one at the very first store we went to. It's always easy for her to find clothes. She is so pretty, she could be a model. I envy her for that.

"This is so stressful. Why can't I just wear some blue jeans and a dressy shirt?"

"Kylie, we will find you a dress. Just be patient. Hey, how about we go to the dress boutique by Cato's? I heard they have some really cute dresses."

"Might as well. We've been to every other store."

So that's what we did. Luckily, I found a dress. I'll admit, it's a little tighter and shorter then it should be, but it looks good on me. It was a little out of my budget, but it was worth it. The dress ends about six inches above my knee. It's baby blue with a beaded sweetheart neckline. Brooklyn's letting me borrow some of her silver four inch heels and a pair of diamond earrings. I'm excited and a little frightened to see how I'm gonna turn out.

1 hour later

I'm so glad Brooklyn's a fashionista. If she wasn't, I would be goin' to this party lookin' like a clown. She's been trying to tame my crazy hair for the past thirty minutes. We decided(and by we, I mean Brooklyn) to curl the ends of my hair and french braid my bangs to the side. My hair looks amazing. My makeup on the other hand looks horrible. I wanted to try and do it myself and let's just say, I look like I need to join the circus.

"Kylie!" Brooklyn shouted. "What have you done?!? You look like you let a three year old draw on your face with crayons. We've got to fix this. You cannot step out of the house lookin' like this." Brooklyn yelled while scanning my face up and down.

"I'm sorry. I told you I'm not good with makeup."

"I didn't think you were this bad! Go wash your face off. I'll get the makeup ready."

I nodded, rushing off to the bathroom. What would I do without her?

~*~

My makeup looks so much better now. It's not too dark but not too light. I'm wearing some mascara, glittery eyeshadow, base, powder, and lipgloss. It's not a lot of makeup, but it's enough for people to notice.

"Wow Kylie, you look hot!" Brooklyn smirked, winking at me.

"Well thank you very much."

"Now let's pretend to be asleep so your dad won't suspect anything."

I giggled. "Okay."

~*~

"Shh! I said quiet like a mouse, not loud like a lion!" I whispered louder than intended.

I've never snuck out before so this is a little scary. But hey! YOLO!

"I called Drake. He said he will be here any minute."

Drake is Brooklyn's cousin. We couldn't take my truck because we're supposed to be asleep.

Any minute turned into ten minutes. We were sitting in my truck waiting for him to get here. He's always been one of those people that arrives way later then what was said.

"'Bout dang time! What took you so long?" Brooklyn asked as he pulled up, rolling down his window.

"Chillax! I was fixing my hair!"

Drake is in love with his looks. He looks in the mirror and takes more selfies than Zayn Malik.

"Of course you were. Now let's go before my dad wakes up."

When we arrived, my stomach was swarmed by millions of butterflies. No, scratch that. My stomach was swarmed by millions of dragons. The music, dancing, and hundreds of sweaty bodies all hit me at once. I can't believe I let Brooklyn talk me into this.

"Ouch! Watch where you're going!" I looked up, instantly regretting it. How many times am I gonna have to meet him like this?