Chapter 17

To: Daddy

'Hey dad. I'm gonna spend the night at Hailey's tonight instead of having a sleep over. We're gonna work on our project.'

I hate lying to my dad, but there is no way I could tell him the truth.

'That's fine. Bring clothes with you so you won't have to be late for school. Love you. See you tomorrow afternoon.'

'Love you too.'

I don't know why but I'm nervous about tonight. I don't even like Ezra in that way.... Do I?

I grabbed one of my Victoria secret bags and packed a pair of jean shorts and a Queens t-shirt to wear to school. I packed Ezra's hoodie and sweatpants to sleep in. They are really comfortable. I hate to break it to him, but he's not getting these back. I packed some make-up and a toothbrush along with my straightener. I text Ezra and told him I was on my way over. He replied seconds later saying okay to just knock on his door instead of ringing his door bell.

I hopped in my truck, throwing my bag in the back seat. When I turned on my truck, "Feel Again" by One Republic came blasting out of my radio. I started singing along with the lyrics, swerving a little from jumping around. I sat up in my seat and turned down the radio so I wouldn't wreck.

Five minutes later, I drove up to Ezra's house. I noticed a small woman in the flower garden in front of their house. I stepped out of my truck, grabbing my bag and went up to greet her.

"Hi. I'm Kylie, Ezra's friend. I'm here to work on our project." I smiled.

"I'm Stacy, Ezra's nanny. His parents are always at work so I take care of him."

Stacy has light blue eyes with dark brown curly hair, reaching her hips. She looked around my dad's age.

"Well it's nice to meet you, Mrs. Stacy. I'm gonna head in now."

"Please just call me Stacy. Any friend of Ezra's is a friend of mine."

"Alright. See you later Stacy."

I walked onto the porch and knocked on the door. A few seconds passed by before I knocked again. Still no answer. I turned and looked at Stacy. She was too busy working on her flowers to notice me. I knocked one more time. Still no answer. I decided to just walk in. I didn't see Ezra anywhere in sight. I made my way to the back of the house and slid the sliding glass door. Ezra was playing basketball. His shirt was off and the sun was shining perfectly on his toned stomach. I slid the door back loudly so he knew I was there. He looked towards me and started smiling.

"Hey sorry, I didn't know you were here. Did you knock?" He asked, wiping the sweat off of his forehead with a rag.

"Three times."

"Oh, my bad. Let me go take a quick shower and then we can start working."

I just nodded my head, both of us walking back into the house. Ezra went to his room and I went to the living room and turned on the t.v. The last time I was here, we kissed twice. The memory made heat rise to my cheeks. I flipped through the channels until I found "Friends". This was the episode where Rachel goes to pick up Ross from the airport when she realizes she's in love with him. When she gets there, Ross has another girl with him. It broke my heart to see that. Even though it was just a show, I still felt bad for her. A few minutes later, Ezra came walking in with a tight white t-shirt on and a pair of black gym shorts. The shirt fit him perfectly.

"Friends again?" He asked.

"It's a great show."

"I know. I grew up watching it."

"Forgot you were a girl." I joked around.

"Forgot you like to flirt with me." He smirked.

My words caught in my throat. I started blushing like crazy.

"I......I.....I'm not flirting." I stuttered.

"Sure you're not."

"Let's work on our project. Who did you interview?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"Austen, Cody, James, this girl named Kennedy, this girl named Sandra, and a girl named Ragen."

"So we need four more people..... How about we interview Stacy, my dad, the librarian, and Hannah from my third period class?"

"Yeah we can do that even though I was supposed to choose who we interview."

"I'm just ready to get this over with."

"I know you are and I am too. You can call your dad and interview him while I go outside and interview Stacy. I can interview the rest of them tomorrow and then you can write the essay tomorrow night. We can turn it in Friday."

"Sounds like a plan."

I called my dad and interviewed him. It didn't take long so I just started cooking some Mac and Cheese. Ezra walked in about the same time I was adding the milk and cheese.

"I love Mac and Cheese. It's so cheesy."

"I know it is." I giggled.

We sat on the couch and ate our Mac and Cheese while we watched re-runs of "Friends." I loved every moment of it. When the last episode of the marathon ended, I stood up and looked at the time.

"It's eleven. I'm getting a little tired." I yawned.

"Yeah me too. Let's go to bed."

We walked up to his room. I walked into the bathroom, brushed my teeth, and changed into his comfortable clothes.

When I stepped out, he was smirking at me.

I frowned, "What?"

"You're wearing my clothes."

"Oh yeah, sorry. They're just so comfortable."

"Don't apologize. They look better on you then they ever did on me."

"Thanks." I blushed like crazy, climbing into his bed.

He pulled me into his side. I cuddled up to him, my head resting on his chest.

"You're just so adorable. Even when you're snoring you're adorable." He complemented me.

"I don't snore." I argued.

"Yes you do. But don't worry, I like it." He smirked.

We just laid there and listened to each other breathe. I loved doing this so much. I felt so safe when I was with him.

He started leaning up. I looked up at him, confused. He gave me a small smile and started playing with my hair.

"Kylie?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I kiss you again?" He asked. I could tell he was nervous. He kept playing with his hands.

I honestly didn't know if I wanted him to or not. I loved our first kiss but I'm afraid if we kiss again, I'll regret it. I gave in and sighed.

"Yeah."

Then he leaned in and kissed me. It was slow at first but then it got heated. He was playing with my hair and I was playing with his. He lifted me up and sat me on his lap. I wrapped my legs around his waist. He bit my bottom lip, begging for entrance. This time, I gladly let him. Our tongues were exploring each others mouths. This felt amazing. Sparks were flying everywhere. I deepened the kiss by wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling myself closer to him. He let out a small moan and started kissing my neck. This is moving a little fast. I broke the kiss by putting my hands on his chest and pushing myself away from him.

"That was great." He smirked.

"Yeah it was." I agreed, laying beside him with my head in his lap.

I knew right then and there that I liked Ezra Johnson.

(A/N I hope y'all liked this chapter better. I worked hard on it. I always get inspired by listening to music. I don't know what I would do without music. Thanks for reading! Please comment and Vote!)