Chapter 19

Ezra was pounding Austen's face in. His right eye was black and swollen shut. Austen was trying to fight back, but he was too weak. I noticed blood dripping down from Ezra's mouth. I guess Austen got to punch him a few times. I was about to try and stop the horrible fight but Mr. Jimmy got to it before I did.

"Austen and Ezra!! Stop fighting right this instant! Get up and go to the principle's office!" Mr. Jimmy exclaimed, turning red from anger.

Ezra and Austen reluctantly got up and started walking towards the office, huffing and puffing. Austen looked my way and smirked. This made Ezra pissed. He grabbed Austen by the hair and threw him to the ground. Mr. Jimmy tried to stop them but Ezra was too powerful. Mr. Jimmy fell on the ground. Ezra was kicking Austen so hard, blood came out of his mouth. Someone really needs to stop this before Austen ends up in the emergency room.

Reading my mind, Cody rushes over there and shoves Ezra off of Austen. Ezra rushes towards the office and Austen just trails behind. Man, What an eventful morning. I wonder what they were fighting about....

~*~

"But Brooklyn!" I whined, pouting.

"No buts Missy! You are going to buy a new outfit for your date and that's final!" Brooklyn argued.

She has been trying to convince me to buy a new outfit for my date with Ezra tonight. I didn't see a reason why. I mean, I don't even know where we're going!

"Whatever. I don't even no where the date is or what we're doing. He didn't give me any information." I replied, shrugging my shoulders.

We walked into the cafeteria, and me, being the picky person I am, decided to just wait until I got home to eat. The school's lunches are disgusting. Today, we're having what I'm guessing is a burrito with chili on top but I can't really tell. One time, I got a glass of sweet tea and found a freaking tooth in a piece of ice! It was so disgusting. What makes it worse is, I didn't even notice the tooth until I already chewed on the ice. Let's just say, I was sick the rest of the day.  

"Hey Kylie?" Brooklyn stated, taking a bite of her delicious burrito. Note the sarcasm. 

"Yeah?"

"Your bae is walking over here."

"My 'bae'?" I asked, discombobulated.

"You know... your boyfriend... catch up!" she said, rolling her eyes.

I looked around the room, "I don't have a boyfriend......"

I came eye to eye with the gorgeous boy I've grown to like. We kept eye contact for what seemed like ages before Cody cleared his throat.

"Uh...Guys.... There is more than just you two at this table." He said, annoyed. Ezra came and sat right next to me.

I snapped my head away from Ezra and tried my best to seem interested in what Brooklyn was saying. It was very difficult with Ezra staring. I looked his way but instantly regretted it. He smirked and put his hand on my knee. I flinched and shoved his hand off.

"C'mon. You know you like it." He whispered in my ear, causing me to shiver.

I could feel my face start to catch on fire. I Iooked down and brushed my bangs behind my ear.

Ezra chuckled. I looked up at him and he was just smiling.

"You ready for our date tonight?"

"Well I have no idea what to wear, where we're going, or what time I need to be ready."

"Wear something dressy. I'm not telling you where we're going. It's a surprise." He smirked. "and I will pick you up at seven sharp."

"Alright then." I smiled.