Chapter 36

"I cannot believe this!! You can't replace my mother!! This Mary girl is just some slut wanting to mess up our family!! We are fine the way we are!!! We don't need her! You don't need her!!!" I exclaimed, running into our house.

"Kylie, quit being this way!! Your mother would have wanted me to move on!! Mary is a wonderful woman. You just have to meet her. And no one will be able to replace your mother. You have to give her a chance." My stupid father argued.

"No!!! I will not give her a chance!!! I will never like her!!! Don't ever speak to me again!!!" I yelled, storming upstairs to my room.

I haven't even met her, but I can already tell I hate her. Who does she think she is? She will never be my mother. If they get married, I'm gonna move. I won't come to their ridiculous wedding and I won't call her my step mom. She doesn't even deserve that high of a title. He should've told me a long time ago. He shouldn't have waited until they're 'in love'. I know he's not, but it feels like he's cheating on my mom with this Mary chick. It feels like he's trying to push her out of our life. She may be gone from this earth, but she is still with me in my heart. No way in he** can I call another woman my mom and I don't see how he can say he's 'in love' with another woman. I will never give him my approval.

I don't know what to do. I need to vent. If I don't, I'm gonna end up losing it on my dad. I can't go to Brooklyn because she is dealing with her own problems at home. She doesn't need to worry about me. There is only one person I want to go to right now.

Ezra.

I decided to push all of the bullcrap to the side and call him. After 2 rings, he picked up. As soon as I heard his deep voice, my heart started beating so fast and it sent shivers down my spine.

"Kylie? Is that you??" He asked, not believing his caller ID.

"Y-Yeah it's me." I replied, holding back the river trying to escape my eyes.

"Are you okay???" He asked, worry evident in his raspy voice.

"No I'm not. I'm slowly breaking Ezra. My mom is dead, my dad is in love with some whore, and the boy I'm in love with cheated on me. I can't take this any more. I feel like my life is falling apart right in front of me and there's nothing I can do about it!!" I exclaimed, letting the over flowing river run down my face.

"Shhhh. Kylie it's okay. I'll be there in a minute."

"No. I need to get away from here before I lose control. I'm a ticking time bomb. I'm gonna explode any second."

"Umm.....Okay. My parents are away on a business trip. You can stay the night over here if you want to." He offered, seeming a little nervous.

"I'll be over in 5." I replied, ending the call.

I grabbed my charger, ponytail holder, and my bag then headed out the door, not even giving my dad an explanation. Right now, I can't even look him in the eyes. I jumped in my truck and drove as fast as I could to his house. Right now, all I need is him comforting me in his warm strong arms and telling me everything thing is okay, even though I know it's not. I need him to help me with this horrible pain I'm feeling inside.

Not even 4 minutes later, I'm rushing out of my truck and making my way up his steps to his door. Instead of knocking, I just ran in. I know it's not polite, but I don't really care about being nice right now. I couldn't find Ezra so I just crashed on his couch and started crying uncontrollably.

"Hey shhhh. It's okay. Come here." I heard his voice and immediately went into his inviting arms.

"I don't understand why this is happening to me. I-I just want my m-mom back. I want her h-here with me." I said in between sniffles.