Chapter 22

"Awww! That is so sweet!! I need a man like that. Hey if you and Ezra don't work out...." Brooklyn smirked, bumping my hip with hers.

The following morning after my amazing date, Brooklyn called and said she was coming over. She wanted to know every detail of our date, and by every detail I mean every.single.detail. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed reliving our date, but I want to keep some things private. They are just too personal to tell. Like the unforgettable kiss we shared.

"If we don't work out, he's all yours. Besides, I don't think we'll last." I replied.

"And why not?"

"I think he's still trying to get over his ex, Loren. I don't just wanna be a rebound. I'm done with being used and then tossed to the side like I'm some piece of trash. If I'm gonna be in a relationship, it's gonna be for the long run; Not just for a few weeks." I replied.

I know Ezra is being really sweet and romantic but things are just too intense when him and Loren are next to each other. They seem to have some unfinished business to take care of and I'm not gonna be Ezra's girlfriend unless he's completely done with her.

"Kylie, you can't keep running away from potential relationships because you're terrified of being cheated on again. Not every guy is like Austen. You can't keep living in the past. You need to move on to the present. It's pretty nice if you ask me." She advised, getting a drink of her diet coke.

I hate diet coke. It's disgusting. I don't see how she drinks it all the time.

"Thanks Brooklyn but I'm not running away. I'm just.... protecting myself from being heartbroken and embarrassed again."

"Well stop. Live a little. Take risks and enjoy your youth while you can. You're in highschool. You have your whole life ahead of you. Don't start acting like an adult now." She said, flipping her long hair over her shoulder.

"Yeah, yeah." I stated, walking towards my room to get ready for school.

Brooklyn walked to my house and left Cody at home with her over protective parents. She's been trying to avoid them so she doesn't get in any trouble.

I started to do my hair and makeup when Brooklyn walks in.

"You're letting me do your hair. I want to try this new hairstyle I saw on Instagram." She said, picking up my brush.

"Before you go anywhere near my head, tell me what you're doing." I demanded.

"Well it's not really new, but I saw it on a fashion page. It's a waterfall braid on both sides pinned up in the back and the hair that is remaining down is curled softly."

"Okay.....Just be careful. My hair is one of my best features." I warned.

"C'mon. When have I not been gentle while doing your hair?" She asked.

"Hmmm......How about that sleepover we had back in 10th grade? Or before the dance in 11th grade? Or for my first date with Austen last year?" I asked, tapping my index finger on my chin like I was thinking.

"Okay, Okay. You proved a point but I've gotten better. Just let me do this please?" She asked with her puppy dog eyes knowing I couldn't deny that adorable look.

"I love you way too much!" I said, causing her to squeal with joy.

20 minutes later

My hair doesn't look like a trolls after all. It surprisingly looks like it was professionally done. I examined it in awe.

"Wow Brooklyn! This looks...... Amazing!" I exclaimed, still looking in the mirror.