Job

Still Peyton's POV:

I sat outside the emergency room, still in shock from what had happened. The doctor walked out and tapped my shoulder. I snapped back to reality and stood up worriedly. The doctor looked at the paper's in his hands and sighed. This couldn't be good.

"Is he okay?" I asked.

"I wont lie to you...it's pretty bad..." the doctor stammered.

"What do you mean?! What happened to him!" I exclaimed.

"He's in a coma now. We have no clue when he'll wake up. But when he does...he must undergo a very complicated surgery...which...may cost a lot..." the doctor explained.

"Yeah! I'll get the money. I'll get a job...I'd do anything...just please...promise to take care of him...he's the last of my family..." I begged.

Just then I got a notification on my phone. I looked at and opened it without even reading it properly.

You have been accepted in this job. If you are ready to be our maid, then get all your belongings and come see us at this address.

I had been accepted as the maid. That was good...because I really needed the money urgently. I needed to help Ryan. I couldn't let my heart break again. I couldn't lose him. I replied to the lady and told her that I was on my way. I gave the doctor my number and headed back home. I had to get ready...I was going to be a maid.

Noah's POV:

My mother rushed into my room with her friend. They seemed happy and excited. I looked at them curiously. My mother was rarely happy. The two of them sat next to me on my bed. My mother let out a sigh of relief and placed her hand on my shoulder.

"We did it Noah. We found you a maid. She's 22 and she's called Peyton. She has a lot of free time, and she needs money to pay for her brother's education," my mum said.

"Is she...pretty?" I asked.

"Yes. My friend says she is absolutely gorgeous. Don't worry Noah...it'll all be fine," my mother assured me.

Peyton's POV:

After packing everything and getting into a taxi, I was at the woman's house. Well...it was a huge mansion to be more specific. She must be so rich. Her house far away. They had brought Ryan to a hospital close to where this hose is.  I stepped up and rang the doorbell, standing quietly with my suitcase in my hands. A maid opened the door. Surprise...I guess I wasn't the only maid here.

"Hey there...I'm Peyton...and I'm here for a job as a maid..." I managed to say.

"Come in Peyton. Mrs Grey is ready to meet you," the maid said.

I followed her into a large living room. A blonde haired woman was sitting on the sofa alone. She looked like she was in her mid 50's. I stood in front of her and cleared my throat. She stood up and smiled. Her eyes were a pretty faded blue, and her hair seemed healthy and silky for her age.

"You must be the new maid," she said.

"Yes...I'm Peyton Wells. It's really nice to see you Mr's Grey," I stammered.

"Why thank you Peyton. So...my friends believes you're gorgeous," Mr's Grey beamed.

That was pretty straight forward...and random as well. I let out a nervous laugh. I wasn't sure if this was a good start. Mrs Grey smiled at me, waiting for me to say something. I was so nervous right now. One wrong word and I could really mess up.

"Oh that's nice of her. What do you think of me?" I said hesitantly.

"I don't know how you look like..." she replied.

"I beg your pardon?" I asked confusedly.

"I'm blind," she finally stated.

"Oh! I am so sorry Mrs Grey. I didn't mean to," I blurted.

I was such an idiot. I already messed up...I could tell. Mrs Grey laughed and actually hugged me. I was startled for a few moments, but then I hugged her back...just to be nice. She held onto my hand and sat beside me on a large leather sofa.

"Listen to me Peyton. I want you t be happy here...I want you to feel welcomed at this place. You're gonna live here...for as long as you work here...so I want you to be happy," Miss Grey said kindly.

"Thanks. So you need me as a maid for you're son...is he 6?" I asked.

"No...he's 24," she corrected.

I looked at her and scrunched up my nose confusedly. 24 years old? Why would he need a maid? I'm pretty sure he should be able to take care of himself at that age. Or was he blind as well. I cleared my throat and sat up.

"So why do you need me as a maid for your son...especially at such an age. Don't you have other maids to clean up?" I questioned.

"We actually have 100 maids. Listen to me Peyton. My son is just a normal heartbroken...and betrayed guy. He's been through a lot, so I thought I should get him a maid. To help him out and make him feel better. Do you understand that Peyton?" Mrs Grey said.

"Yes...I understand..." I replied.

"That's good. Now let's stop talking and actually get you to meet my son," Mrs Grey decided.

Mrs Grey smiled and approached the stairs. She must've revised this house off by heart. She stood at the bottom of the stairs and titled her head up. I was actually pretty excited to find out what her son was like.

"Sweetie! Come downstairs...Peyton is here..." she called.

Noah's POV:

"Sweetie! Come downstairs...Peyton is here..." I heard my mum call.

I was actually nervous as ever. But I was excited to actually be able to see what my maid friend is like. I looked into the mirror and fixed up my sleeves and collar. First impressions count I guess. I walked towards the stairs and ran down them. I found myself standing in front of a short haired brunette with gorgeous eyes.

"Peyton...I'd like you to meet my son Noah," my mother stated.

They were right...she was absolutely gorgeous. I felt myself smile for no reason as my mother walked beside me, closer towards Peyton. I was right in front of her now, and she looked even prettier up close. I shook her hand gently, almost getting knocked back at how sweet and heart-warming her voice was.

"Nice to meet you Noah..." she whispered.