A Tiny Question...

Noah's POV:

"Yes that's right. Room 165 needs a new mattress due to blood leakage," my worker said.

"Blood leakage? Did someone get hurt in the hotel?" I asked.

"Oh...no. Girl problems...you know..." he replied.

"Oh yes. Get that sorted out and ask the girl if she's okay. Be sure to help her if she needs anything," I said.

"Yes of course Mr Grey. Are you going go home now?" he probed.

"Yes I am. Keep it up Brad. You've been doing great," I said patting his shoulder.

I smiled at him and turned to leave. I climbed into my car and leaned my head back in the leather seats. My eyes closed for a few moments letting out a sigh. Everything was okay with the hotel, so I was relieved. I heard a tap against the window. I opened my eyes and looked out the window. Marissa had her hands face pressed against the glass, with a goofy grin on her face. I rolled down the window and forced out a smile.

"Hey Noah? How are you doing?" she asked.

"Good. I'm surprised you asked," I muttered.

"Oh shut up. So...you were checking up on the hotel?" she probed.

I nodded my head. That's weird. She usually never asks about me or how I'm doing. For some reason she felt kind of different to how she usually is. I smiled uncomfortably and looked at Marissa in a weird way. She raised an eyebrow and folded her arms.

"What?" she mumbled.

"Why are you acting so weird. You never ask about me when I'm around..." I said.

Marissa bit her lip and looked down at the floor. She seemed very touched by my question. It was an awkward silence between the two of us for a few moments. I tapped my fingers against my steering wheel waiting for a reply. She looked me in the eye and let out a sigh, shoving her hands in her pockets.

"I know I never ask about you. I rarely even speak to you when your around. When you yelled at me at my birthday party, I started to think about you. I realized that I have been mistreating you Noah. What I did to you was wrong...and I want to fix it. I want to change..." Marissa explained.

"R-really?" I stammered.

"Yes Noah. And I want to tell you something you've been waiting to hear for quite a long time..." Marissa continued.

I stared a Marissa for a few moments. She stood up straight and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. She breathed out really slowly and looked at me with a sorry look on her face.

"Thank you Noah..." she whispered.

"You're welcome..." I replied.

"By the way. How's your girlfriend?" Marissa asked.

"Who? Peyton? We're not dating..." I stammered.

"That's a shame. She seems like a really nice person. And besides...the two of you would make a really cute couple," she finished off.

 And with that she turned around and walked off. I felt happy deep inside. Could my friends have changed? I really hoped so. I smiled and turned on my car, driving back home. It really felt to much better to hear that from Marissa, considering the fact that she was really ungrateful before.

And besides...the two of you would make a really cute couple.

I really hoped that was true too...

Peyton's POV:

I sat down with Mrs Grey on the sofa talking to her about the most random things ever. I was glad Noah wasn't here to hear most of them. She was also telling me things. About Noah when he was younger.