Results

Noah's POV:

I sat down hopelessly on the sofa, my head hung low. I didn't have any words to say. I was in complete shock and silence. Keeping quiet is my way of coping. I feel like the moment I  speak...I fall apart. It's what I did when my father died. I kept quiet and I shut everyone out. It didn't make me happy, but it stopped me from showing my pain.

Peyton left. Peyton Wells was gone. I placed my head in my hands, holding back tears. Keep quiet Noah. Hide the pain. Be silent. I moved my hands away from my face, leaning my head against the sofa. I heard a knock on the door. I kept it unlocked, so I don't need to get up. I didn't want to get up.

"It's open..." I managed to say.

Marissa stepped in, with a small smile on her face. She walked into the kitchen, helping herself to a glass of water. Her house was only a few blocks away, so she probably came here walking. She placed the cup in the sink and walked towards me.

"Hey Noah," she said.

"Hi..." I replied dryly.

"Where's Peyton? I wanna say hi to her. She's upstairs right?" she asked.

She didn't really wait for an answer. She went upstairs and looked into a few of the rooms. Keep quiet Noah. Hide the pain. Be silent. I kept repeating that over and over again in my head. Marissa came downstairs frowning at me. She finally gave up on looking for Peyton. It was pointless anyways.

"Noah? Where's Peyton?" she asked.

I didn't answer her. My throat was dry and I could feel my heart pounding. She stood there waiting for my reply. But I knew Id' break down. I knew I would end up letting it all out. Marissa was stubborn, and hated having her questions unanswered. I ran my fingers through my hair, keeping my head low.

"Peyton's gone..." I whispered.

"She...left? Did Ryan wake up?" she probed.

"Yes," I replied.

I got up and walked towards the window, looking outside. Nothing seemed beautiful now that Peyton was gone. All the streets seemed gloomy and dark like they had always been. Marissa sat on the sofa silently for a few moments. An awkward silence filled the room. It was fine, for it meant that I didn't have to let it out. Well at least before Marissa opened her mouth.

"You're upset aren't you. I told you that you got too attached," Marissa said.

"Is it bad to get attached to someone that makes you happy? Is it bad to get attached to someone you love? Is it bad to get attached to someone that you can't imagine a life without anymore?" I questioned.

"You loved-"

"Too much?! I know! I get it okay...stop rubbing it in!" I complained.

Marissa fell silent for few moments. I knew Marissa very well. She tries to make people feel better, but in her own way. She was probably trying to think of a quote she saw online to help out with this situation. She stood up and opened her mouth to speak. Just like I thought. A quote she saw online was thrown at my face.

"Sometimes you just gotta erase the messages, delete the numbers and move on. You don't have to forget who that person was to you. You just have to accept that they aren't that person anymore..."  Marissa told me.

"She'll always be that person to me Marissa," I interrupted.

She tried again with another quote. I could feel my face go hot and I was getting angry. I didn't know why I was feeling so moody.

"If you were happy before you knew someone, you can be happy after they're gone..." Marissa tried.

"That it is enough Marissa! Stop throwing these meaningless quotes at my face! My experiences and feelings are different! Other people wrote those quotes, and I'm not like them! 'If you were happy before you knew someone!' You just said it yourself! IF YOU WERE HAPPY! Well I wasn't happy before I knew Peyton! I wasn't happy before she came! I'll tell you what I was!"

"I was a heartbroken piece of shit...being used by my friends...who gladly learnt their lesson later on. I was a heartbroken piece of shit, locking myself in my room and keeping everyone out of my business. I was a heartbroken piece of shit, laying down wide awake at night because I wanted to have someone who can understand me!"

"And I eventually got that person. A beautiful and amazing girl who I fell in love with. A sweet girl who understood me and made me happy. But I lost her! I lost someone who meant so much to me since day one! I lost her, and I have no clue if I'll ever see her again! I have no idea if she'll move on and fall in love with someone else while she's gone! And it sucks. It sucks to feel this way. And then there's those people that come to comfort me...thinking that they understand..." I explained.

Marissa was quiet. She looked down at the ground and bit her lip. It felt good to let all that out, but it felt awful at the same time. A tear ran down my cheek. I clearly should have stayed silent. I clearly should have hid the pain. I knew if I spoke, I'd break down. Marissa got up and walked out of the house.

Everyone eventually gives up on me...

Except one person...

By that person isn't here anymore...

Peyton's POV:

I sat outside the operating room, waiting for it all to be over. The surgery has been going on for about half an hour, but I didn't even think about getting out of my seat. I wasn't going to leave this seat until it was over. Until I was told the results. I started thinking about Noah. Leaving him was just so painful. I loved him so much. I always thought that loving someone so much was impossible.

But I guess everything is possible. Noah was always the guy to help me out and make m feel better. He's the person who helped me have hope right now. His words are the only words that are keeping me hopeful. I know that Ryan can make it.

That 4% can mean something...

I taught myself to believe him. No matter how pathetic it may seem. Having a 96% chance of dying was never a good thing. Everyone else who hears it would doubt Ryan's survival. I placed my head in my hands. What do I do with myself if he doesn't survive? What do I do if the operation fails?

A surgeon ran out of the room waving his arms around frantically. I stood up and looked at him curiously. I approached him to ask him about the results.

"Is he okay?" I asked.

"It's a miracle! It almost seemed impossible for him to survive! But he did it! He's awake and his heart is working perfectly!" the doctor beamed.

"So he's okay! Can I see him?!" I probed.

"Of course you can!" the surgeon exclaimed.

I ran into the surgery room. They had cleared out everything and Ryan was in bed. He looked tired, and he had dark circles under his eyes. I smiled and sat next to him. I couldn't hug him, because he just finished his surgery. He looked at me with happy tears in his eyes.

"I...I did it Peyton. I held on!" he said happily.

"Yes you did Ryan. You held on...you're alive, thank god!" I exclaimed.

Thanks for giving me hope Noah...

That 4% really meant something...

***************************************************************

A/N

End of chapter. Hopefully I sent a wave of relief over you. I didn't kill him off...you're welcome. Comment below what you think. I found it so cute how you were all trying to make solutions for Peyton and Noah's problems. You guys are so sweet.

Today's Special reader is Musicbookgeek. Thank you so much for the love and support. She writes stories too so check those out! Vote and comment on them. You're amazing, love you so much.

Once again thanks for the support! I love you all so much xxx

-Reem <3