The Things I See

Noah's POV:

I spent the next hour or so looking at more of my friends' stupid texts. It made me feel upset, but I kept reading them for some reason. They gave me more reasons to hate my 'friends'...which sounds much worse than it seems. I looked at Peyton who was still cleaning, and then back at my phone.

Marcus: Noah? Do you want to go to the movies with us? You might need to pay though...we don't have enough money.

Marissa: Is it about your dad Noah. Please forget it. We like seeing you happy...

Jayden: I'm sick of your replying skills. Fine! Betray me and forget I ever existed! After helping you out and being there for you...

Kyle: Call me. We're all worried sick about you. Btw I need money to pay for Marissa's party. Your still coming right? Bring someone with you if you like...

I let out a sigh. I had forgotten about Marissa's party. I guess I wont go, seeing that it's pointless anyways. Peyton placed her sponge down turning around and facing me. I smiled at her. I felt so miserable reading those texts, but looking at her made me feel calmer deep inside. She smiled back and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"Listen...I'm sorry I was being so weird at breakfast. I don't know why I did at that way in the first place, but I'm sorry," she said.

"It's okay. I liked it," I replied with a smile.

"You did? I was being a total weirdo...just...never mind. What's the time?" she stammered.

"It's still 12:30am. Why are you asking?" I probed.

"Nothing...just asking," she mumbled, getting back to her work.

I let out a sigh and went downstairs to my mother, who was sitting and listening to one of her favorite songs. I sat beside her and held onto her hand, placing a soft kiss on it. She faced my direction and smiled. I stroked her hand with my thumb. My mum was he only one that stayed by my side when my father died.

"How is she?" she asked.

"Peyton? She's great...I mean. We didn't get along at first, but I spoke to her last night...and she just seemed so much different. She seemed so nice...and amazing," I explained.

"You like her, don't you?" she demanded.

"Yes..." I whispered.

My mother smiled and placed her arm around me. Someone was ought to find out about my feelings sooner or later. My mother pressed skip on the radio singing along with the song. I sang along with her, each one singing a part. I know it seems stupid to sing with your mother, but I was ready to do anything that makes her feel happy.

"Please have mercy on me. Take it easy on my heart. Even thought you don't mean to hurt me. You keep tearing me apart," she sang.

"Would you please have mercy on me. I'm a puppet on your string and even though you got good intentions. I need you to set me free," I continued.

Peyton's POV:

I was standing at the top of the stairs, looking down at Noah and his mum. I couldn't help smiling right now. He was singing 'Mercy' by Shawn Mendes with his mother. I found it so sweet and adorable. He really loved his mother. If only I still had my mother. But she was gone...and I cant get her back...

 Hopefully I don't lose Ryan too...

10 hours later--------------------------------------------