Marissa's Party

Noah's POV:

It was the next day, and Peyton already spoke to me about her nightmare. I really sorry for her. Imagine seeing something so scary in your sleep. It took a bit of work to comfort her and make her feel safe. I got a text from my friend Kyle, about Marissa's party tomorrow. I picked up my phone and read it.

Kyle: Thanks for transferring money for the party. Are you still going though? She's expecting you and will be upset if you don't show up. You're still allowed to bring a friend along...

I sighed. I did want to go to the party, and I wanted Peyton to come with me. I'm pretty sure he'll be okay with it, just to get her mind off things. I got up from the sofa and put my shoes on. I walked out of the house, locking the door after me before hopping into my car. My destination...the mall.

Peyton's POV:

I wiped down the mirror and took a deep breath in. I was done with Noah's room. I smiled when I remembered how he was being so helpful yesterday. It's like he knew exactly how to help me. He was so calm, and that made me calm too. I could practically still feel his arms wrapped around me. It felt right...wait what am I thinking?

I sat down on the floor and sighed. What was Noah doing to me? Every time he's around, I feel different. I start acting stupid and goofy like an idiot. And he seems so nice and friendly. I placed my head in my hands and groaned. Why is it that I feel this way about him? Just then the bedroom door opened and I jumped to my feet. Noah stood there with his eyebrows raised at me.

"Why are you randomly sitting on the floor?" he asked.

"Is that prohibited or something?" I muttered.

"I didn't say that," he laughed.

I smiled and felt my insides jiggle. It was happening again. He had a box in his hands, and it seemed pretty large. He sat down on his bed and patted the spot beside him. I slowly stepped forward and sat beside him unsurely. He placed the box in my lap and looked me in the eyes. I was confused for a while, staring at him blankly.

"Open it," he commanded.

"Is it gonna just out at me?" I asked frowning.

"No it's not. Open it and you'll see," he demanded.

I placed my hands on the lid and breathed out, lifting it up slowly. I took everything out and layed it out on the bed. I couldn't stop smiling. It was a gorgeous outfit. A short dress, black and light pink, with a golden belt, black heels, a necklace and a cute purse. I looked at Noah, who was smiling when he saw the reaction on my face.

"It's beautiful Noah. W-why'd you get it..." I stammered.

"I want you to come with me," he said.

"Where?" I probed.

"To a birthday party," he replied.

My eyes widened. I hadn't been to a party since high school. It seemed pretty exciting to go to a party, especially after being so stressed in the past few days. I did finish my cleaning for the day and wouldn't mind having a bit of fun.

"Sure...I'll come," I decided.

Noah's POV:

I waited in the living room for Peyton. She was still getting ready for the party, while I was already done. My mother was sitting beside me with her guide dog in her lap. She looked at me and smiled, placing her hand on my shoulder. I placed my hand over hers and patted it softly. Just then I heart Peyton coming down the stairs. I stood up to have a look and I was speechless. She looked so gorgeous.