Slowly Changing

Noah's POV:

"Noah? Wake up..." I heard a soft voice say.

I rubbed my eyes and opened them, finding Peyton's head hovering over mine. I sat up startled, my head crashing into her chin. Peyton lost her balance and stumbled over on the floor. She grabbed her chin and started laughing. I chuckled and walked over towards her, holding out my hand. She held onto it as I pulled her to her feet.

"Oh my gosh Noah. Is your head made of brick?!" Peyton exclaimed.

"I suppose so. How long have I been asleep for?" I asked.

"I don't know. I came downstairs and found you asleep on the sofa. So I tried waking you up," she replied.

"Well...thanks I guess. Did you sleep well?" I probed.

She nodded her head and walked towards the kitchen. I sighed and walked up to my bedroom. I had slept twice in the same outfit for two days. I put on a different outfit and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I washed my face and stared at myself in the mirror. New day...hopefully a new start too.

I went to my mother's room and shook her gently to wake her up. She slept with her eyes opened...which I found quite weird. She says she'll see black either way. She lifted her hand and placed it over mine, taking a deep breath in. She smiled and stroked my hand gently. I guess she was awake now.

"Good morning Noah..." she whispered.

"Good morning mum," I said.

I helped her sit up and get out of bed. Her assistant came in to help her get changed. I left the room and sighed. It'd be nice for my mum to wake up and be able to see me again. I saw Peyton walk into my bedroom. She must've started cleaning already. I walked into my room and leaned on the wall. She turned around and smiled at me. I had this tingling feeling deep down my gut that made me feel weird. Feel different...

"How are you feeling today?" I asked.

"I'm feeling great Noah. Thanks for asking," she replied.

She continued cleaning, and I just watched. We weren't saying anything, but I still felt happy. I felt different. Ever since the talk I had with Peyton...I didn't feel like a depressed loner. I felt happy, for no specific reason. No one has ever made me feel this way. I was smiling for no reason right now. Peyton looked at me awkwardly.

"Seeing me clean must be very entertaining for you," she chuckled.

"I guess your right," I snickered.

"If your looking at my ass...then don't," she scoffed.

"No I'm not. But thanks for the idea," I said with a playful wink.

She laughed and shook her head. I continued watching her, not making a single sound. She was so serious when she worked. She was cleaning the draws again, although she did that yesterday. But then again, she was doing it to help her brother. I heard my mother calling me from downstairs.

"Your mum's calling you...must be breakfast time for you," Peyton said.

"Ummm yes. I'll see you very soon," I stammered.

See you very soon? That sounded so plain and stupid. I'm such a fool sometimes. I went downstairs to my mother, sitting in front of her on the dining table. Breakfast today was pancakes with eggs and bacon. I remained silent and started eating, wondering if Peyton possibly thought of me as a friend...

Peyton's POV: 

I tapped my foot and stared at Noah's shirts. How was I going to arrange them...I didn't like the way I did it yesterday. Maybe I'll but his favourite coloured ones at the top, so he wouldn't dig into the bottom to grab them. I went downstairs to ask him about that and found myself standing stupidly next to the dining table. Noah looked up from his plate and smiled.

"May I help you Peyton?" he asked.

"Yes actually. I wanted to ask what coloured shirts you like to wear the most..." I replied.

"I guess I wear white ones a lot," he decided.

"Thanks. I'm gonna go continue my work now..." I mumbled.

Noah's smile disappeared as he nodded his head. So I would put the white shirts at the top so he could just grab them whenever he pleases. I smiled and turned around to leave. I took one step forward before Mrs Grey stopped me.

"Hold on Peyton..." she said.

"Need something Mrs Grey?" I probed.

"Yes. Why don't you take a seat and have breakfast with us. You are Noah's personal maid and I do not wish for you to eat with the other maids," she explained.

"Thanks Mrs Grey, but I'm not very hungry right now," I managed to say.

"You cleaned Noah's room yesterday, so you can have a break. Sit down and have breakfast with us. There's plenty enough food for you too," Mrs Grey demanded.

I looked at Noah who nodded his head. I sighed and sat down next to him. He started smiling again, until he noticed me looking at him. Something was wrong with this guy. I placed a fried egg onto my plate and started eating it. I wasn't joking when I said I wasn't hungry. I literally didn't feel like eating anything, but I did anyways. After 5 minutes of awkward silence, Mrs Grey decided to say something.

"So Peyton, do you like working here?" Mrs Grey asked.

"Yes...Noah seems to make me feel very welcome here," I admitted.

"Woah, really?" Noah said.

He looked at me and somehow I was lost in his eyes. I managed a smile and nodded my head slowly. Noah let out a happy sigh and stared right back at me, his smile growing even wider than it was before. My heart was pounding, and I didn't now why.

"Thanks Peyton, that actually means a lot to me," he whispered.

My heart pounded even more and I was blushing. I would literally feel my cheeks redden. Noah raised his eyebrows and chuckled. I let in deep breath and looked back at my plate. Now I was seriously not hungry. I pushed my plate away and stood up. Noah looked up at me and frowned. I bit my lip and fiddled with my fingers.

"I can't eat anymore. I need to go finish my work now...thanks for breakfast though..." I stammered.

I turned and ran upstairs to Noah's room. I closed the door and dropped onto my knees, placing my head in my hands. What on earth is wrong with me? What on earth happened to me downstairs?! I pushed my hair out my face and leaned my head on the wall. I knew it was Noah. Something about him was making me feel this way. Ever since we spoke last night, it's all been different.

And I wasn't sure if that was a good thing or a bad thing...

Noah's POV:

There was no denying it now. I had feelings for Peyton. It was the only logical explanation for this. I walked upstairs and walked into my room. Peyton was still cleaning my draws. I lay down on my bed and watched her for a while.

I really did like her...

And after seeing her blush and act awkward downstairs...

I can't help thinking she likes me too...

**********************************************

A/N: 

That's all I have for today. I am so sorry I haven't updated for so long...I feel bad. I want to thank all of you for voting for my chapters, it really means a lot. Keep reading, I'll try update as often as I can. Go check out my profile and read my other stories (Personally I recommend His Mystery. Girl Wanted isn't as good...)

Thanks for reading. Love you guysss xx