"Too Much"

Noah's POV:

I held in a painful groan, as the bandage was tightened around my arm.

"Good?" the doctor asked.

"Too tight," I replied.

"Ok let me fix it up," he said.

Peyton had a look of guilt on her face. She told me she felt bad for me, and that most of what had happened was her fault. But it was all okay now. The man was taken to jail and was being dealt with, and no one was seriously hurt. Peyton watched as the doctor loosened the bandage around my arm.

"I'm so sorry Noah," she whispered.

"It's okay Peyton. There's nothing to be sorry about...it isn't your fault," I demanded.

I got up and thanked the doctor for helping me. Peyton walked beside me, holding onto my hand softly. I stroked the back of her hand with my thumb and she looked up at me. Just then phone rang. She never gets calls, so she seemed surprised. She pulled out her phone and answered it quickly.

"Hello? Oh, hi Dr Nickolas...I actually happen to be in he hospital right now. Ok, I'll be there in a minute," she said.

"Dr Nickolas right? What does he want?" I asked.

"He wants to talk to me...alone," she replied.

"Oh. I'll wait for you in the waiting room," I offered.

Peyton nodded her head and agreed. I had no idea why it had to be private, but I didn't want to be so nosey. I sat down in the waiting room and watched as she walked into the room, before she closed the door. I leaned my head back and pulled out my phone. I had a text from Marissa, so I opened it.

Marissa: Hi Noah! How's it all going with Peyton?

Me: We're doing fine...

Marissa: Why are you being so dry?

Me: I just keep remembering that Peyton isn't going to stay with me forever. It keeps popping up in my head and it stresses me out a lot...

Marissa: Just...try not to think about it too much. There's still quite some time before her brother wakes up...

Me: Yeah, I guess you're right. I just don't know how things are gonna be without her. I feel like I'm more complete when she's around. I don't know how to describe that feeling, but I just don't wanna let her go...

Marissa: You're making me feel so bad for you. I know you love her so much, but sometimes you just gotta let things go. It can't all last forever...

Me: Gee thanks...that's you know...very comforting...

Marissa: I know...

Me: Perhaps you aren't familiar with the term sarcasm...

Marissa: Oh shut up Noah Grey. What I'm trying to say is...you shouldn't have gotten too attached, because now you're going to regret it. I saw a quote once that said " Don't trust too much. Don't love too much. Don't hope too much. Because that 'too much' can hurt you so much..."

Me: You're right. I did get too attached. But if anyone was in my place, they would be too. How can someone not fall in love with her. She is the most amazing girl in the world...

Marissa: I'm not trying to make you feel bad Noah. You just have to remember that it's just how things are...and there isn't a way we could change it around...