Realisations

Peyton's POV:

I lay in bed asleep. Noah and I were back from the hospital, and we both went to our rooms and slept. What he told me at the hospital gave me that little bit of hope I needed. It made me feel like it'll all be okay...and I rarely feel that way. I rolled over to my side and opened my eyes. I had to admit this, I had very small feelings for him that I deny.

It's probably because he helped me out so much. When I first came...when I had that nightmare...when we were at the hospital...he was always helping me out. But what did I do? Nothing. All I did was kiss him at his friends party. I don't even recall thanking him at all. I was too busy thinking about how to organise his draws and things.

I shoved my head in my pillow and sighed. I felt so bad that it's keeping me up at night. I have to make it up to him. I had to help him in return or something like that. I closed my eyes and fell asleep again, wondering how on earth I was going to help Noah and repay him for how much he's helped me.

Noah's POV:

I was literally wide awake. I should be sleepy, coz I haven't slept in about 18 hours or something. I was thinking about Peyton...obviously. It's so weird. Ever since she walked into my life, she became the only thing I think about. I used to think love at first sight was impossible, and yet here I am experiencing it. I'm not sure if that's how it's meant to work.

I think it's kind of creepy. I get a maid, and then the next day I'm in love with her. But that's not the only thing that was distracting me. The kiss was. It was a great kiss. She obviously didn't mean it as an 'I love you' kiss, but it was something. It helped. I thought for a moment and face-palmed myself.

That's when it hit me. Peyton wasn't gonna stay here for long. She is going to get enough money for her brother's operation, and then...she's gonna leave. I leaned my head back and sighed. I thought I was happy for a moment. But now I felt different. Now I felt upset. I was glad I had someone to talk to...someone I could love.

I had gotten way too attached to her. I shouldn't have. I should've kept it in mind. I should have remembered that she was going to leave me. I groaned and closed my eyes, feeling absolutely awful and shitty.

-----------------------------------------------------

"Noah? Noah are you awake?" I heard Peyton say.

"I am now," I mumbled sleepily.

I rubbed my eyes and sat up, slowly so I don't bump into he chin again. She took a step back and managed a small smile. I forced out a smile and got out of bed, continuing to rub my eyes. I finished and looked at her, waiting to hear what she needs to say.

"Breakfast is ready," she whispered.

"Ummm...yes. Thanks," I replied.

I went to the bathroom and washed my face, looking at myself in the mirror. Look at yourself you fricken idiot. Look what you've brought yourself into. I brushed through my hair real quick and went downstairs to my mother. I hugged her and placed a kiss on her cheek. She smiled and hugged me back. I sat in front of her and started eating. My mother sighed and placed her fork down.

"Peyton?! Come down and have breakfast with us! Drop whatever you're doing!" my mother called.

Peyton's POV:

I heard Mrs Grey calling me to have breakfast  with them. I sighed and went downstairs, standing at the door of the dining room. Noah didn't move a muscle, like he didn't notice I was there. I kept quiet and sat beside him. He didn't look at me or smile at me like he usually does. I bit my lip and started eating.