A Talk With Peyton

Noah's POV:

I opened my eyes. How long was I asleep for? I stretched and looked at my clock. I had been sleeping for 10 hours?! It was already 1:30 am! I got up and walked around. I should never sleep in the morning...because now I'm bloody wide awake at night. I went downstairs. I had to keep myself entertained somehow.

I threw myself onto the sofa and pulled my phone out of my pocket. I had so many messages from my 'friends'. I scrolled through them, annoyed by how quickly they show their second face. They all pretended like they missed me and all that stuff.

Marcus: Where've you been? I haven't seen you in a while... 

Marissa: Are you okay Noah? I've called you so much but you wouldn't pick up.

Jayden: If your still upset about your father's death, then I think its about time you moved on...

Kyle: Why are you ignoring us? After all we've done for you...you decide to just betray us and go off on your own!

I sighed and tossed my phone next to me, frustrated. Pfft...after all they've done for me? They've done nothing for me. Now I'm the betrayer all of a sudden. I leaned my head back and stared at the ceiling. What on earth can a guy do a 1:30 in the morning? Why didn't my mother wake me up? Why didn't I hear Peyton clean? If I heard her, I would have waken up because of the noise.

I fell silent for a few moments and remained completely still. I could hear something...or someone. I got up from my spot and followed the noise. It was coming from the kitchen, and it was a girls voice too. And whoever it was...she was singing. I stood near the closed door and just listened for a while.

"You can take everything I have...you can break everything I am. Like I'm made of glass...like I'm made of paper. Go on and try to tear me down...I will be rising from the ground. Like a skyscraper..." the voice sang.

"Mother...is it you?" I asked, opening the door.

"Ah! Who is it?!" the girl exclaimed.

"Peyton? What on earth are you doing here at this time of the night?" I probed.

"Uhhh...I'm just doing the dishes," she replied.

I looked at the sink and saw that she was being honest. She was doing the dishes, although all my other maids did them already. I folded my arms and looked at her blankly for a few moments. She looked down at the floor awkwardly. I still don't understand why she was cleaning at such a time. Did she have Insomnia? Or did she have OCD?

"Why are you doing the dishes Peyton? My other maids already cleaned them," I muttered.

"I'm sorry Noah. But they were so filthy and dirty. I couldn't help cleaning them again," Peyton blurted.

I placed my head in my hands. I guess she has OCD after all. I ran my fingers through my hair and let out a sigh. Getting a new maid wasn't really the most bomb idea ever. I walked a few steps closer to Peyton and grabbed her shoulders firmly. She looked up at me in silence...fiddling with her fingers.

"Let me make this clear to you Peyton. You were in charge of my room...you get that? ONLY my room. I did not ask you to go around and do other people's jobs at such a late time of the night," I explained.

Peyton pushed me away and stared at me offended. She folded her arms and tapped her foot against the tiles. Did I really say anything rude? I gutted my chin out and stared right back into her eyes.

"Is that what I get for helping you?! Is that what I get for fixing up your maid's crappy work?! Picture yourself eating spaghetti on a plate that has leftover guacamole on it from last night?!" Peyton yelled furiously.