Date

After HOO
Annabeth

I walked out of my cabin and began the search for my boyfriend.

"Seaweed Brain?!" I yelled.

"Wise Girl!" I heard. I ran towards the arena and found Percy laying on the ground.

"Help me, I've fallen and I can't get up," he said.

I laughed. "Did you just recite the Life Alert line?"

Percy blushed and nodded sheepishly. "Maybe..."

I chuckled and grabbed his hands, pulling him up. "Man, you are heavy!"

"I'm a growing boy, who eats lots of food!" Percy protested.

"Yeah, yeah," I said. He smiled at me and pulled me into a kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck and my hands found their way into his hair. Percy held my waist and pulled me closer.

"Get a room!" Someone shouted. We pulled away and saw Grover coming our way.

"You're one to talk!" I shouted back. He blushed and ran up to us.

"How are my best friends?" He asked.

"Great!" Percy said.

"So guess what?" Grover replied.

"What?" I asked, and the blush on his face grew.

"I said the three magical words to Juniper!" He smiled so widely, I thought his face was going to split in half.

"That's great, G-man!" Percy said.

"I know! She said them back, too!"

I smiled. "Of course she would, you guys are great together!"

He smiled back, "I gotta go, I told Juniper that I would go on a walk with her. Bye!"

We waved and he left. "So, Anna..." Percy started.

"Since when do you call me Anna?"

Percy blushed. "Since now, I guess. Anyway, you wanna go on a date?"

I rolled my eyes. "Of course, Percy. And don't get so nervous, I can see you sweating from here."

Percy chuckled nervously. "Great! I'll pick you up at your cabin later."

"Okay, Percy. I'll see you then." I have him a peck ok the cheek and walked out. I could feel his eyes on me the entire time.

~~~~
"Here, try this on!" Piper threw my a dress and my Chuck Taylors. Pretty, but not too much.

"You look beautiful, Annabeth," Hazel said. I smiled in thanks.

I pulled on my hair tie, and let my hair run out past my shoulders. I kept the tie on my wrist in the case that I would need it. I heard the knock on the door and opened it to see Percy.

His cheeks were soon tainted with a light pink. "Wow, Annabeth... You look amazing."

"Why, thank you. You don't look too bad either, Seaweed Brain." He was wearing jeans, blue Chuck Taylors and a black dress shirt.

"Well, shall we?" He grabbed my hand.

"We shall," I said, laughing at how cheesy this sounded.

"So where are we going?" I asked.

"Nope, I'm not telling you a peep!" He kept his eyes on the road.

"Please?" I begged. He just kept driving.

"Nope, not going to work." He stopped the car on the side of the road and handed me a blindfold. I laughed.

"You're kidding, right?"

He didn't say anything, just gestured at the blindfold. I glared at him and reluctantly blindfolded myself.

"You better not be leading me into a death trap, Percy."

"I'm not!" He said. He steered me to the left and I kept my hands out in front of me.

"We're here!" He took off the blindfold and I saw a beautiful grove, a pond in the center.

I gasped, "Percy..." I turned around and kissed him like no tomorrow. He dropped the picnic basket and wrapped his arms around my waist. I pulled away and turned back around. There was a banner hanging between trees that read:

                                       I love you, Annabeth.

"I love you too, Percy!" I turned and kissed him one more time. "How long have you been planning this?"

He looked down at me. "Since last week."

"His is the best date ever!" I exclaimed. I looked up at him and smiled. "I love you."

Percy beamed. "I love you, too."

We sat down, ate the sandwiches he packed and drank the ginger ale he had. I had an amazing time, and Percy did too.

And that was officially the best night of my life.