Can You Hear Me? Part 3

Annabeth

I'm sorry.

I'm sorry that I'm not good enough for you. I'm sorry that I wasn't strong enough for you. I'm sorry I wasn't brave enough for us.

But it hurt. The pain of knowing what was coming next was -literally- killing me.

I wanted to see your beautiful face again. I wanted to see that way your eyes crinkle at the corners when you smile. I wanted to see the way you look at me when you made me laugh. I wanted to see the way your sea-green eyes change colors depending on your emotions. I wanted to see all of it.

I'm selfish. I'm selfish in the way I wanted you all to myself. I'm selfish in the way I wanted you to wait for me. I'm selfish in the way I made you fall in love with me. I'm selfish in wanting to keep you.

I know that I'll hate myself for the rest of my miserable time on earth. I had little time with you, and I regret that the most.

I wish you hadn't come.

I wish you hadn't seen my final moment.

I wish you hadn't see the look on the doctor's face when they couldn't bring me back.

I wish I hadn't seen how you had broken, your heart shattered, each piece a cut on my hands.

And for that, I'm sorry.
~~~~
Percy

I knew it was coming.

Her blonde hair was spread across her bed, a halo of light seemed to bounce off the curls. Her lips, a plump red that I wished I had kissed one time. Her fingers, lifeless against her legs.

Even in this state, she was beautiful.

It was unfair.

It was unfair that she had been taken so quickly. Too quickly. It was unfair that she never got to see what would happen in her future. It was unfair.

But Annabeth was different. She was different in the sense that she didn't care what people thought of her. She was different in the way she carried herself. She was different in the way she loves you.

And that only made you love her more.

She was the person that you loved so much that it physically hurt.

But, Annabeth was never one to be held down. She was a free spirit, and I love that about her.

Correction: Loved.