Halos and Heathens

"Hell is so close to Heaven" ~Strays by Sleeping With Sirens
Mortal AU
Annabeth

"Sup. Would you dip your pizza in milk?"

I opened my eyes at the short girl in front of me. She was wearing a black cloak, and the only thing visible was her eyes, which were all black, and her golden hair.

"No, I'm not a animal," I replied.

She laughed. "Good. Follow me."

She walked away and I rushed to stand, and went after her. "Where am I?" I asked.

"The Inbetween," she said, as if that answered everything.

"What's that?" I questioned further.

"The place where souls are either taken to Hell or Heaven. Fortunately for you- or unfortunately- you're going to Hell."

"Based on what?" I asked. I searched around us, and saw that we were surrounded by white walls and white floors and while fluorescent lights.

"Your question. I asked 'would you dip your pizza in milk' and you said no," she said curtly.

"Oh," I responded. I followed her through a bright spring, and we stood in front of a large door. She kicked it open and lead me inside.

Inside was a dark, grand room. At the very center was a girl with black pixie cut hair, and a blue streak running through it. She was sitting on a throne that seemed to be made of rock. "Hazel, you're dismissed," she said.

"Yeah, whatever. See ya later, Annabeth." The girl, Hazel disappeared in a puff of purple smoke.

I turned back to the girl, and she scanned me. "It's horrible to meet you, Annabeth Chase. I'm Thalia Grace, but you can call me Thalia."

She jumped down from her throne and landed in front of me. I could see the exact print of her "Death to Barbie" shirt, and the rips in her pants.

"Can I know why I'm here?" I asked Thalia.

"Well, for some reason, Hell got stuck with you, so whatever. You're here, and we've gotta assign you something. Oh wait- do you have any questions?" She asked, her blue eyes drilling into me.

"Well I remember how I died- gunshot. So no, nothing." I responded.

Thalia cracked a smile, with looked sinister on her face. "Excellent. Heathens usually remember how they die, unlike Halos. Now, onto job specialization. Here in Hell, we have plenty of jobs. Summoner, which was Hazel, brings people into Hell. Demons, people who torment the living and can twist reality. Speakers, who are out diplomats when going into Heaven. Reaper, me, the leader of Hell. And Sinners, who take care of Hell and the devils. They also let out wonderful things such as plagues and natural disasters."

Thalia looked at me expectantly, but I didn't know where I fit. Sure, Demons sounded pretty cool, but I wasn't feeling it.

"That's okay, we'll find you something," Thalia said.

"You just read my mind," I said.

"Yup. Reaper has that skill set." Thalia said. She then began to hum, and her eyes turned a white.

She soon started to cackle, and I watched as she let smoke out of her mouth.

"Thalia?" I yelled.

"I know the perfect job for you, Annabeth Chase," she spoke. "We haven't had this in a long time."

"What?" I asked.

"A Tainted. You will decide when a soul dies, and how they will die. Oh, I can see it already."