Donut or Doughnut

Mortal AU
I've seen people write doughnut and I'm just like ??? Why?? I say donut.
Really short btw
Based on a thought I had right now as I'm eating a donut
Percy

"You're having a party? Are you serious Piper?" I said into the phone.

"...Maybe? Don't get mad, Perce! I saved you some donuts!"

I sighed. "Are there any white frosted ones?"

"Obviously. I'm not stupid."

I look both ways before crossing the street. "Fine. I'll be there in a few, and don't let anyone eat that donut!"
~~~~
I unlock the door to my house and am greeted to my friend, Leo, hanging upside down from the stairs.

"Hey Percy!" He says, and then slips, falling down from the railing.

"Hello Leo," I say, in a very displeased voice. "Have you seen Piper?"

"She might be in the kitchen. Throw me an ice pack, will ya?" Leo says, groaning.

I chuckle and make my way through the mass of people, into the kitchen. It seems that my island has become a bar as I see my cousin Thalia mixing drinks with her brother Jason.

"Oh god," I sigh. I run my hand to my face and greet the two siblings.

"Percy! You made it!" Piper says from the corner of the kitchen, clearly drunk. She sways slightly, and I reluctantly catch her in my arms.

"Oh god, who gave you vodka?" I say to her.

"That would've been me," Jason inputs, sheepishly. "I didn't know she got like this when drunk off vodka."

Piper giggles. "Jason is the best boyfriend!"

I frown. "Piper, stop avoiding the obvious. Why the hell are you having a party at my house?"

She stands up shakily. "Well you see...uh..."

I realize that Piper has no explanation and I sigh. I've been doing that a lot lately. "It's fine, Piper, I'm not mad. Just clean up after, okay?"

She nods, and I know that what I've just said went through one ear and out the other.

"Can I have my donut now?" I ask.

"Oh shit," she mutters.

"Piper! Please tell me you didn't give it away!" It's the last donut from my mom's bakery in upstate New York.

"No, no! Haha, let's go get it!" She grabs my hand and leads me into the living room.

"See there it is!" Piper points to where my donut lays on a platter on the table.

And then the most unfortunate thing happens. Worse than the Series of Unfortunate Events.

(Okay, so maybe not that bad, but still bad.)

"No!" I yell. "Don't eat that!"

The blonde girl who was about to eat my donut stops. She sees me, the crazy lunatic screaming at her and she laughs. She then proceeds to rip my donut in half and hold out one half.

"Here you go," She responds, despite my screaming.

I rush over to her and take it. "As much as I'd like my whole donut, this will do."

She laughs, "Sorry dude, I didn't know someone else liked white frosted donuts!"

I relax a bit. "It's fine. Sorry for yelling at you."

"I've had worse," she chuckles.

I laugh too. "Percy," I say, reaching my hand out.

"Annabeth," she says, gripping my hand tightly.