Chapter 8

2:56 PM
August 1, 2019
Washington DC
11 Months and 8 Days Left

Anna is still nervous as she gets into her car. She just left her work for the last time. After all she did just walk away from her boss having quit her job. Turning around Anna takes one last look at the pristine NASA building. She had been assigned to monitor orbital patterns and asteroids. It was only a few weeks ago that she found out about the coming death of the entire solar system, yet alone Earth.

Anna is planning on going to Atlanta, Georgia. Her friend Hunter lives there, he is one of the only people she believes she can trust at a time like this.

Her parents were divorced when she was young. Ever since she moved out to go to Washington DC, It never occurred to her to go and visit either one of them. So she doesn't know where they are and they don't know where she is.

But Hunter was always there for her, He was there when she needed a friend, when she needed someone to confide in. Anna met Hunter in middle school and they have been best friends ever since.

Finally Anna ducked into her car and drove off to Georgia.

* * *

4:55 PM
August 3, 2019
Atlanta, Georgia
11 Months and 6 Days Left

Anna pulled into the Hunter's driveway and walked up to the door. She hadn't told him she was coming. His house was a dark brown color, it had two floors and only Hunter himself lived there. Anna eagerly rang the doorbell exited at the thought of seeing her friend again. He answers and smiles as he recognizes Anna.

"Anna!!" Hunter greets Anna with a gentle hug.

"Hey! Hunter how ya been? May I come inside?" Hunter steps aside allowing her to enter.

"So, what brings you to Atlanta?"

"Oh ya know just the end of the world and everything."

"Wait, the end of the world!?" Hunter looks confused.

"Yeah, didn't you see the broadcast?" Anna took a minute to look around the house. They are both standing in the living room. A  carpeted staircase leads up to the and bedroom and a separate staircase leads to the basement. The walls in the living room are a deep blue and the floors are comprised of dark oak wood. In the room there lay two chairs and a long black leather couch.

"I saw the broadcast but I thought it was just a warning not actually the end of the world or anything."

"Well, Hunter I spent the past few weeks confirming that warning and now I need a place to stay."

"Don't you have a house back in Washington?"

"Not anymore... It was burned down in the initial chaos after the we confirmed the warning. So do you think I could stay with you for awhile?" Anna gives Hunter a pleading look.

"Sure why not."