Chapter 17

2:36 PM
September 4, 2019
Atlanta, Georgia
10 Months and 7 Days Left

It's been a few days since Anna and Hunter returned to Atlanta, oddly enough they both felt like something wasn't right, it just wasn't the same without Jack being there.

Slowly Anna walked out into the kitchen to grab something to eat, she saw Hunter sitting down at the table contemplating something. She sat down infront of him, he acknowledged her for a second before going back for his thoughts.

"Whatcha thinking about?" Anna asked. Hunter looked at her, hesitant to respond.

"Oh ya know, just, stuff." He replied, distant.

"You're thinking about him, aren't you?" She guessed, he only nods in response.

"I just feel like doing something about it, I just don't know what yet." He says after a moment of silence, this is how most of their conversations have been since they got back.

"I know how you feel." Anna replied. "The more I replay the event in my head, the more I realize just how much we could have done. But that is the past, all we can do now is think about the future."

"That's not a very fun thing to think about either if you ask me." Hunter remarked.

"Yeah well, I don't think he would have wanted us to give up, now would he?" Anna said.

"True, but even if we tried to continue, he had the designs with him."

"So, let's get them back."

"How?" Hunter questioned.

"How do you think? We get revenge, we go back to Washington and avenge him. I mean I know you're usually the one with all the ideas but I think it could work."

"I don't see why not." Hunter says with a grin.

* * *

1:37 AM
September 7
Atlanta, Georgia
10 Months and 3 Days Left

Once again Anna and Hunter pack thier bags to head up to Washington, but this time they are prepared for the worst. Using some old guns from Hunter's garage, they are heading in with the rage of a thousand Suns.

After Hunter gets in, Anna drives out into the street eagerly awaiting to confront the woman who shot Jack in cold blood, or so she thought.

* * *

5:13 PM
September 8, 2019
Washington DC
10 Months and 2 Days Left

Anna slowly crept up to the back of the NASA building with Hunter close behind. This time they didn't have the darkness on their side, so they had to be extra careful not to be seen.

As they entered the building Anna told Hunter to look for the designs while she would look out for anyone who might spot them. A few minutes later Anna heard a loud crash sound from the room Hunter was in. Quickly Anna ran into the room to see what had happened, Hunter had clumsily knocked over a handful of materials onto the floor. 'So much for being careful.' Anna thought to herself.

Suddenly someone sprinted into the room with a gun in hand, it was her! Anna was immediately filled with rage, but somehow she stayed calm.

For what seemed like forever the two of them stood in a stand-off with her, then someone entered the room. At first Anna thought he was just another one of her old co-workers, but when she looked past his gun, she saw Jack standing there, pointing a gun at their heads.