Chapter 12

2:45 PM
September 1, 2019
Atlanta, Georgia
10 Months and 9 Days Left

Anna and I get into her car and leave for Washington DC. Hunter left an hour ahead of us to set up the final parts of the plan. After going over the final details of the design, we decided to leave today in the afternoon. That way when we arrive it should be dark, we figured it would make it a bit easier.

As we pull out of the driveway Anna asks me a question.

"Ya know, you never did tell us why you left Iowa?"

"Yeah and..."

"Why did you leave?" As close I had come to them I still didn't feel like talking about my past. But somehow I don't think I will be able to get out of this without telling her about it.

"Well like I said, I wanted to leave certain things behind. You see a month ago today my parents were murdered." She looks shocked, but her face quickly changes to portray a look of sorrow and empathy. The car goes silent for several minutes, all that can be heard is the slow rev of the engine beneath us.

"How did it happen?" Anna said finally breaking the silence. Slowly I tell her the story of how my parents died, how I wasn't able to stop the criminal, how I cried when I saw their corpses lying on the floor, and how I vowed to exact revenge on their murderer. I say it all with a surprisingly calm tone of voice.

When I finish she is silent. She seems to understand what I went through. A while later she speaks up.

"For someone who has had that happen to them so recently, you are handling it very well."

"I don't think so..." I reply letting myself sink into the seat of the car.

"Hey cheer up, at least your not alone." She says trying to cheer me up. I look over and weakly smile at her, she's right, now is not the time to think about that. Right now I need to think about something else. My smile strengthens and my mood changes, right now we have a ship to steal.

Time Left Over (Time Book 1)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें