Chapter 3: Visionary

It was early when Liz woke up, maybe about 5:30. She wanted to be healthier so just as she did the night before, she put on her running gear and set out into the woods. Liz found Derek's house quite easily, but remained on the outside. It was a weird feeling. It's like she could feel him watching her. He knew she was there. Sure enough, he emerged at the front door. She walked over to the front steps, staying at the bottom.

"You can't keep coming here," he finally spoke.

"I had no intentions of ever communicating today. I stood and you came to me, Derek."

He walked down the stairs halfway. "I can't protect you from everything. That includes Scott. He's warned me to even stay away from you."

"Scott doesn't control me or you."

He chuckled. "Yes, but I won't let you ruin the one friendship you've made. You ruin it with Scott, you'll ruin it with the rest of them."

"Derek, you can't tell me I can't see you. I can do whatever I want."

"I know, Elizabeth." A long pause came between the two. "Go home. Get ready for school."

"But Derek-"

"Go, Elizabeth!" he shouted.

"Fine." She turned and began walking back towards her house.

----

"Liz, where were you last night?" Allison asked as they walked down the hallway. "I came to your house at like 8 to drop off homework you forgot to get but you weren't there."

"Oh, I went for a run in the woods," Liz confirmed. She so desperately wanted to tell someone about the murders she saw but couldn't bring herself to do so.

"In the woods?! Liz, that's dangerous!!"

They took a seat at what was slowly becoming their normal lunch table.

"What's dangerous?" Scott asked, sitting next to Allison.

"Liz went for a run in the woods last night."

"What? How could you even be so stupid?" Scott exclaimed.

"I wanted to find something," she said, cowardly.

"Find what?" Stiles asked.

"I don't know. Night before last, I saw glowing red eyes outside my window. I went down to see what it was and I couldn't find it. Before I knew it, I was lost in the woods. I found a house but there was nobody inside," she lied.

"Nobody?" Isaac asked.

"Nobody. Just a bunch of charred home stuff."

They now knew she at least knew where Derek's house was. But she didn't have to tell them she went there for him did she? Or about him kissing her cheek?

"That's weird," Lydia said, taking a bite of her sandwich.

Liz nodded, sipping her drink. The entire lunch was awkward now, like they were all studying her. They were trying to figure out everything she knew, which in all honesty, was basically nothing.

Lydia finally spoke. "Liz, there's a party at my house tonight. You should try and make it."

"Definitely! I'll be there!" Liz smiled, as Lydia gave her a quick side hug.

"Awesome! It's a 8. I'll text you the details, give me your phone!" Lydia quickly input her number into Liz's, which made everyone else want to exchange numbers with her too.

-----

"You look amazing!" Lydia said, opening the door wide.

"Thank you!" Liz exclaimed. She was wearing a red bodycon dress, which cut off right before her knees. Her heels were the talk of the town, though. Black stilettos with a red underside. She walked over, joining Allison and Isaac.