Chapter 24: Sword

"What did you say?"

"Alistair. He's my dad."

"You knew the whole time, didn't you?" Derek asked, releasing his grip on Liz.

"Of course I did. When I killed my adoptive dad, I knew it was my real dad who took over my body. As I said before, my parents knew there would be a time when I was ready but I needed an extra boost."

Derek paced back and forth across the hallway. "But he's been trying to take your powers, Liz."

"He's been protecting me! If it wasn't for him I wouldn't be who I am or done what I've done. In a Visionaries world it doesn't matter if your mother is one. You get the power from the father."

"I know, Liz," he said, taking hold of her shoulders lightly, "I know. But now, its time to stand up and fight. You'll be fighting this war your entire life because of who you are. Nothing will ever change that. It's an instinct."

"What are you saying, Derek?"

He stood tall and proud. "I'm saying, where you go, I go. Where you fight, I fight. And if it happens, where you fall, I fall. I love you, Lizzie." He paused for a moment. "Besides, you said you needed me."

"Oh hush, Hale," she smirked.

He wrapped his arm around her, pulling her close. "Come on, you can stay at the loft tonight," he said, leading the pair back to his house.

-----------

Liz looked down at the ground, which was covered with dirt and plants. She sat up from laying down and focused her vision. She was back at the insane asylum, wearing no shoes and confused as to how she even got there. She moved towards the door, opening it as it creaked with every slight movement. The noise echoed through the building, giving away her presence to pretty much everyone within 3 miles. As she finally entered the building, a shadow began moving closer and closer.

"Liz?" the shadow finally spoke as it came into clear vision.

"Aiden?"

"Liz, you're bleeding," he informed, pointing at her side. Liz reached down, touching the wound. The small touch sent a mass amount of pain soaring through her body and she fell down with a scream.

"Liz!" Aiden screamed, running towards her to catch her. "Come on, lets get you to a bed."

The pair rounded the corner and saw a shadow coming toward them. Aiden knew nothing of who it was but kept going.

"If he does not leave, he will be killed, Elizabeth."  It was her dad. She stopped Aiden's movement and he looked down at her concerned.

"Aiden, you... you cant be here," Liz said, in between breaths. Blood was dribbling out of her mouth and she could hardly breathe.

"It's all a dream. It's all a dream," she repeatedly told herself.

"Liz, I have to help you."

"I'll be fine. You cant be here. Please, Aiden. Please go." She pushed herself away from him, holding herself up by the wall. The shadow moved closer and closer. "Aiden, go!!!"

Aiden looked at her with pure pain in his eyes. The burning of the wound was still rushing through her as he came back to her. "Liz, whatever happens to you, I need you to know something."

"Aiden, please make it quick. You have to get out of here."

"You have to know that I think you should be with Derek."

Not exactly what I expected. "Wh-what?" Liz asked, losing focus of her father gaining ground.

"He cares for you, Liz. He's willing to die for you. You need that in your life. He'll take good care of you." Liz could see the heartbreak in his eyes but knew he meant every word.

"Thank you, Aiden. Now go!" Aiden hugged her, and little did she know, it would be the last time. As she leaned against the wall and watched him run past a corner, all she saw was a blade shoot right through his side.

"Aiden!!" The blood curdling scream roared through the building. Aiden fell down, clinching his side. She limped over toward him with tears streaming down her face. She fell down beside him, not yet looking to see who the killer was.

"Aiden, Aiden stay with me, please. Please don't die on me, Aiden." She held up his head with her hands. Placing her hands on his wound, she tried with every ounce of her powers to save him but it was too late. There was nothing to save.

"Liz," he said, spitting up dark, black fluid as he did. "Liz, I- I- I."

"You have to what, Aiden?" she asked, tears streaming down her face and blood still emerging from her wound. It was then that she heard Aiden take his last breath as his head tilted over into her body. She placed a gentle kiss on his forehead before wobbling to her feet, ready to fight his killer.

A woman appeared in front of her, standing in the hallway where the sword came from. "Mountain ash sword. That's what I'm talking about."

"M-mom?"

"Hi, Elizabeth," she said, sword in hand as her father joined them.

-----------

A/N: how she got to the Asylum will be explained later. No it wasn't a dream it was real