Chapter 11: Dad

Liz took a quick shower, changing into pajamas. She expected Derek to be gone when she returned to her room, but to her surprise, he was still sitting on the bed.

"Why are you still here?" she asked, standing in the doorway.

"I wanted to make sure nothing happened to you."

He stood from the bed as Liz walked towards him. "I can take care of myself, Derek."

"Liz, you fell to the ground and it looked like you were having a seizure. You spoke gibberish. That doesn't seem okay."

"I'm fine, Derek." She walked around him to bed, sitting on it.

He turned immediately towards her. "What happened? What did you see?"

"Nothing."

"I can tell your lying, Liz. Your heart rate increased."

"Derek, if I tell you, you won't be happy about it. Can we please just forget it happened?"

"Are you in danger?"

"He won't hurt me."

"Who?"

Shit. "Nobody. I'm fine."

"Promise?"

She stood from the bed and walked in front of Derek. "Listen to me, okay? I'm fine. I'm not in danger. Nothing's gonna happen. Derek, I love you, okay? I promise if I need to tell you something, I will." Neither of them had officially said the L word. It was an unspoken thing, really. Derek's face was in shock when she said it though. "Can we just do this tomorrow? I'm tired."

"Sure." Derek walked towards the window, opening it quietly.

He put one foot out the window. "I love you."

"Yeah, you too," Derek said before closing the window back and scaling down the side of the house.

'You too? YOU TOO? You have got to be kidding me,' Liz thought.

-------

Liz walked down the school hallway on Monday morning, but most everyone was in class so it was pretty bare. Suddenly, her mouth was covered and she was being dragged into a supply closet. The door shut and she opened her eyes to Aiden.

"You jerk!" she laughed, hitting his chest.

"I'm sorry! I had to talk to you and this was the only way it could be private."

"It's about the other night, isn't it?"

"You remember it?"

"Yeah...kind of. It was really hectic that night."

"More like insane. You went to kiss me, I opened my eyes, and you were gone. Poof!" Aiden explained.

"I'm sorry. I don't know what happened. I think it has something to do with this burn," Liz said, holding up her wrist.

"It's still there?"

She nodded.

"Liz, you need to get that checked out or something."

"What? By a doctor? And say what? Oh I'm sorry, a crazy, psycho killer gave it to me in a dream."

"Have you talked to Derek about it?"

The very name set off an immense amount of emotions within her. She hadn't talk to him since he left that night with nothing more to say than, "you too."

"No.."

"I think you should."

"You want me to talk to the guy that wants to be with me just as much as you do?"

"Liz, your safety comes first. I want you to be safe and I think Derek can help," Aiden said, reaching for her hand.

She grabbed his, intertwining their fingers. "Aiden, let me remind you of something. I'm twice as powerful as you and I have the ability to make anything I want happen. I can take care of this myself. Close your eyes, Aiden. I want to show you something." He did so, as did she. She envisioned the elementary school, and slowly opened her eyes and there they were. "Okay, open."

"Woah, Liz where are we?"

"My old elementary school. It burned down when I started high school at my old school. But it gets freakier. Come on." She led him down the long hallways of the school, finding the classroom Elizabeth was in. Liz spotted her younger self, waving her over. Liz led them to an empty room.

"Aiden, this is Elizabeth. Elizabeth, this is Aiden."

"Woah," Aiden said.

"I know. Pretty freaky, huh?"

"Liz, how did we get here?"

"I don't know. That's what I have to figure out."

"Lizzie!! We match!!" She tugged on Liz's shirt then lifted up her arm, revealing a bruise mark. She knelt down to her in a panic.

"Elizabeth, who did that to you?"

"It was daddy. He grabbed my wrist because I was being bad last night."

She stood up in absolute fear and shock. Liz clung to Aiden as she dreamt of Beacon Hills again. She opened her eyes as the two of them stood once more in the closet.

"Liz? You okay?"

She looked down at the bruise mark. "It's my dad."

------

"Mom!!" She yelled, entering the house. "Mom, where are you?!" Liz ran through the house, not finding her anywhere. She finally came to the kitchen. Her mom was sitting in a chair with her father standing behind her with a gun at her head. Tears fell from her face like a rain storm.

"Dad, please let her go. Don't hurt her."

"Shut up!" he yelled. "It's always been about you. Ever since you were little. Your mother here never paid attention to me after you were born. She still doesn't. She would if she knew what I could do."

"Dad, just listen to me. I know. I know what you can do. I've seen it. You tried to kill me. You tried to kill me in my dream, didn't you?"

"Oh, Elizabeth. I knew one day that little brat you used to be would tell you."

"Dad, don't you hurt her. My younger self or my mom. Don't you dare."

"Or what? You'll dream me away?"

"I'll do ya one better." She looked to her mom. "Mom, I'm sorry." She opened her mouth wide and let out a howl. Canine teeth drew from Liz's mouth as her eyes turned a bright yellow. Her facial features grew incredibly more prominent. "LET HER GO!" Liz growled.

Her father stumbled backwards. Her mom, already struck with fear, was now afraid of her own child. "Or what?"

"You don't want to know," she growled. He pulled the gun back, having it ready to fire at any moment. "Don't do this."

The door busted open as Derek burst in. The noise startled her father, making the gun shoot straight into her mothers back. "Mom!!!!" Liz screamed, running over to her as her father dispersed into thin air. She fell from the chair, crashing to the ground. Liz immediately ran over to her mother, holding her in her arms. "Mom, please don't die."

She clenched Liz's hand as she gasped for air. "Derek!! Call 911!" Liz screamed. She turned back towards her mom, holding her hand tight.

"Sweetheart. It's okay."

"Mom, please don't give up," Liz said, tears falling from her face.

"It'll be okay. I've known for a while what your father is. I sensed you had it too. You can beat him. I believe in you."

"Mom," she sobbed. "Mom, please. I love you mom, please."

"I love you too, Elizaaa," she whispered, taking her last breath. Her eyes gently closed and her breathing stopped. Liz fell over on her chest, sobbing her eyes out. Liz felt a hand on her back moving up and down.

"Come on, it's okay," Derek said, raising her up. He pulled her in close.

"It's not okay, Derek. It will never be okay."