Chapter 29: Home

Derek sat against the wall of one of the branching tunnels. Mentally, he thought he could fight but physically, his body told him otherwise. Out of the ten men, Elizabeth took out five, Alex took out three, which left two more. The sixth man Elizabeth took on was a man named Jaiell. He was the first to talk to her when she woke up in the building. Jaiell was strong and well built up, not an easy fight.... for a human. Within minutes, he joined the rest of his team in death. She looked over at Alexander, still fighting off the last guard.

"Go help Derek! I can take him!" Alex shouted. Liz immediately ran to Derek.

"Are you okay? What did they do to you?"

"Physical abuse. Nothing that will kill me. It just takes longer to heal," he breathed heavily as he spoke. She looked around before looking back at him.

"I'm gonna show you something. You can't be freaked out, okay? Don't fight it either." He nodded. She lifted her finger in the air, gently laying it back down on one of his major wounds. Elizabeth began to imagine the wound healing and so it did. She continued to do this on each of his open wounds.

Derek looked down at his body, stunned. "How, how did you do that?"

"I don't know. It's a gift I have. I remember doing it the night I set those people on fire. I remember helping one of them. It's kind of like how wolves can take pain, I just heal."

"You're really learning your Pilae stuff, aren't you?" She laughed, nodding her head.

Instantly, Liz turned around upon hearing the sound of a blade penetrating skin. Her heart dropped along with her jaw. The sword was being sent straight through Alexander's abdomen. "ALEX!" she screamed.

The man, pulling out the sword, looked over at Liz. She stared him down and within seconds he was engulfed with flames. Leaving Derek, she ran over to Alex. She fell to the ground beside him, holding his body in her arms.

"Alex, shh, shh, please don't," Liz let out, holding back all tears.

"It's okay," he whispered, spitting up blood. "It happens to all of us."

"Alex, please," she begged. She gently laid her hand on his body, hoping to heal him. Liz's eyes remained closed until she heard his final breath of air come from his mouth. She was too late. Elizabeth was capable of many things but bringing someone back from the dead was not one of them.

"We've got to go, Liz."

Nodding her head, subtle tears ran down her cheek. "Yeah."

"Come on," he said, extending his hand for her. She placed a gentle kiss on Alex's cheek before standing up and wrapping herself in Derek's arms.

"I can't do this, Derek."

"Cant do what?" he asked as they searched for an exit.

"I can't keep being responsible for this many deaths. Derek, I just killed six people. I lit people on fire. I- I'm not good. I'm not human, Derek."

"You're good, Liz. You're so good. You have no idea how much of a good person you are."

Elizabeth shoved his arm off her, backing away from him. "You can't be around me anymore, Derek. I don't know what I will do to you. I nearly killed you once. I can't do it again."

"You wont," he said, coming towards her.

She backed off again. "Derek, please. I'm not the person you think. Just let me go."

"Liz, you know I can't."

"I know. That's why I am doing it for you. Goodbye, Derek." She closed her eyes, imagining herself back home. Home was a term that was used very seriously to a Visionary. A Visionary had one true home and to Elizabeth, it was somewhere she had not been in a long time. Sure enough, as Liz opened her eyes, she was there.

The house was vacant. It was miles away from Beacon Hills and Derek. She walked up the stairs, finding her old room. Ponies plastered the walls along with rainbows and stars. Liz smiled to herself, remembering when she was little. She began to remember her mom. She laid down on the tiny bed, closing her eyes.

She had been asleep for only a mere ten minutes before she heard voices downstairs. She slowly made her way down the stair case, quietly sneaking around the corner to look into the dining room.

"One, two, three!" her mom yelled. On her mothers count, Liz saw her younger self blow out her sixth birthday candles, smoke filling the area of the room. A birthday tiara sat on top of Elizabeth's head. Her mother began to cut them a slice of cake while Elizabeth sat at the dining table.

"Mommy, do you love me?"

"Of course I do, princess," she smiled.

"Does my real mommy love me, too?"

Liz forgot she ever told her mom that.

"I know she does, Elizabeth."

"Why did she leave me then?"

"Your mom had a lot happening in her life. But I'm glad she did let you go."

"Why?" Elizabeth asked in her curious little kid voice.

"Because if she hadn't, I wouldn't have had the amazing daughter I have now. I wouldn't be able to make all the memories with you or see you grow into the amazing woman I know you will be one day." She kissed Elizabeth's forehead before standing, walking back into the kitchen. Elizabeth looked at Liz, knowing she was there. Liz raised a finger to her lip, telling her to be extra quiet about it. Elizabeth nodded at her with a smile.

Liz followed her mother into the kitchen.

"I'm scared for her, dear," her mother said, quietly.

"For what reasons?"

"One day, she will find out. She will know how to use the incredibly powerful gift that God has blessed her with. I don't know if I'm ready to see my daughter turn into a killer."

"She wont be a killer," her father told.

Her mother looked back at Elizabeth on the couch. "I only ever want her to be happy and use her power for good. She will be the strongest of her kind. I want her to experience life to the fullest, not skate by on magical powers given to her at birth. I want her to always be happy and if that costs her the powers, I still think she should do it. We've spent her life so far, teaching her to be a normal human. I couldn't bare to see my little girl grow up to be a murderer, could you?"

Liz's eyes reopened. She laid on the floor, tears bubbling in her eyes. Liz knew that although she missed her mom greatly, it was no longer her true home. Derek was her true home. She sat up from the floor, Alex's body was still a mere 10 feet behind her.

"Why'd you come back?" Liz heard from beside her.

Derek was sitting against a wall, staring at her blankly. "I needed to find my home."

"Did you find it while you were gone?" he asked, standing and walking towards her.

"No," she whispered, still sitting on the ground. He knelt down beside her.

"Then why did you come back?" he asked. Without speaking, she wrapped her arms around him. He laughed. "What was that for?"

Still hugging him, she said, "this is my home."