Chapter 7: Forbidden

Liz entered the cafeteria, taking a seat at one of the empty tables. Allison and Lydia went out to get food with Isaac and Stiles and Scott wasn't really available, so she ate alone. In a way, she was kind of happy too. After her kiss with Scott, eating alone with him would've been a bit awkward. She popped in her earbuds and turned on some music while eating. About 15 minutes later, she looked up to Ethan and Aiden sitting in front of her with glares on their faces.

"Hey, guys," Liz said, pulling out my her buds.

"We need to talk," Ethan said.

"About what?"

"We know that you know what you are."

"I don't know what you're talking about. I'm just Liz."

"Cut the act, Visionary," Aiden said.

"Okay, fine. What do you want?"

"Deucalion wants to see you."

"Wait, how do you know Deucalion?"

"That's besides the point. But he wants to see you... Now," Ethan said sternly.

"Aw, well isn't that just a bummer! ... I'm not going anywhere." Aiden reached across the table, grabbing her arm. "I would let go if I were you."

"Or what?" Aiden said.

Liz glared at the twin, then focused on his arm. She pictured a jolt of electricity coming out of her body and transferring to Aiden. He quickly jumped back in pain. "You don't get it, do you? Now that I know my power, I have the ability to make anything I want happen."

"Not everything," Ethan murmured.

"What are you talking about?"

"I mean," he said, leaning across the table. "You can't get everything you want. You want Derek, more than anything you want Derek. But you, you can never have him."

"What do you mean?"

"It's like a secret law of our kind. Derek knows he's breaking the law just by being with you. Your kind are so rare that we never have to deal with this, but when we do, we take it very seriously." He leaned back in his chair. "The law says you're forbidden to have anything more than a few mere minutes with Derek."

"You're lying."

"We don't lie. But just think about that next time you're around him. You're breaking a law that we rarely get to enforce so you break it, and you'll pay for it. Let's go, Aiden." They stood up, kicking their chairs aside and walked completely out of the cafeteria.

Liz's body was numb. Could it be true? Derek was the one person she actually cared about. Could she really not be allowed to be with him? What even was 'the secret law'? What did it mean? She looked down at her phone as it buzzed with a new message.

Come to the loft after school -Derek

What for? -Liz

I wanna try something -D

What? -L

You'll see. Just come as soon as you can and don't bring company -D

Okay -L

-----

Liz pulled up to the building, parked her car, then began walking up to the big, sliding door. She was too weak to open it and didn't exactly want to use her powers yet, so she did what any normal person would do... she knocked.

Derek came to the door fast. He smiled when he saw her. "Come on." He waved her inside, grabbing her hand and making her follow behind him.

Liz followed him inside and over to the table across the room. He grabbed her waist and picked her up, placing her on the table. Derek stood in front of her. "Close your eyes." She did. "Now, what do you see?"

"I see... darkness," Liz giggled a bit.

"Lizzie, be serious. What do you see?"

"Okay, okay. I see my house and I'm inside of it. It was the night I saw the eyes outside. The first time I saw you."

"Okay, now follow the eyes. Where are they going?"

"They're going into the woods. It's an animal. It has black fur and four legs with giant paws."

"Follow it some more. Where is it at now?" Derek asked as her eyes remained closed.

"It's around your home. Now it's freaking out. It's shaking a lot. It's like it's shapeshifting." Derek tensed his grip on her thigh.

"What is it turning into?"

"A human. It's a human. It's...." She opened her eyes. "Derek, it was you." He looked away from Liz. "Derek, look at me. What was that? Why did I see you?"

Derek stepped back from her. His body tensed all over. "Promise you won't be scared?" She nodded. Derek turned around then with a swift twist, he faced her once more with a snarling growl. His teeth had elongated into canines. His eyes were a shimmering blue now. His face had grown into that of a wolf. Liz backed up on the table in fear. 'Its just a dream. It's just a dream,' She repeatedly told herself.

He turned around then faced her once more. His face had returned to normal. "You had to know," he said.

"What are you?"

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

"Try me."

"I'm a werewolf, Lizzie."

"Derek, I-I--"

"Don't say anything. You can ask questions later," he said. He placed his hands around her waist, pulling her back to his side of the table. He moved closer to her, almost too close but she wasn't denying it. "Wrap your legs around me." She did. He placed his hands under her butt, picking her up. He carried her up the spiral staircase into his bedroom. Placing her down on the bed, he slowly climbed on top of her and kissed her neck.

Her fingers traced the outline of his muscles. Soon she could feel his hot breath on her face before he placed his lips onto hers. Their motions were in sync. Their lips continuously crashing into one another. 'You break the law, and you'll pay for it.' Ethan's words rang in Liz's head. She pulled away from Derek, slowly sitting up.

"Are you okay?" Derek asked.

"Yeah, it's just-"

"What?"

"Nothing. I, uh, I need to go."

"You just got here." She could hear the pain in his voice. She didn't want to leave but she didn't want to be in trouble for it either.

Liz stood up from the bed. "I'm sorry. I just, I can't do this anymore, Derek."

"What do you mean? Is it because of what I showed you?"

"No, it's not that. I want to be with you, I just can't. It's complicated. But this is the last time you'll hear from me for a while."

"But, Lizzie!"

"Derek, please don't make this harder than it already is. Just please trust me."

"Okay." He sat on the edge of the bed as she leaned down to kiss him one more time before descending the black, spiraling staircase and heading out the door.