Chapter 16: Hurt

Liz walked into the lunchroom, spotting her friends at their normal table. She took a deep breath before walking over to them. "Hey, guys." She sat next to Stiles, taking another deep breath.

"Hey, what's up?" Scott asked.

"I've got some bad news."

"What?"

"Well, since my mother passed and my dad put the house up for sale and disappeared, I'm moving in with my moms parents next week."

"You're moving?" Lydia asked, shocked. 

"Yeah..."

"Have you talked to you know who? Either of the you know who's? You know they both deeply care for you no matter what. This will crush them." Scott said.

"I know, but I can't bring myself to tell them yet. I don't want them to hear it from anyone except me, got it?" They all nodded. She rested her chin on her hands, keeping her elbows on the table.

"How could you?"

Liz turned around, seeing Aiden pushing through the cafeteria doors. "Oh no," she said, standing from the table quickly, running after him. She chased him all the way down to the parking lot. "Aiden!!!" Liz finally caught up to him at his motorcycle.

"Aiden, please listen to me."

"What? Was this your plan? Make everyone here care for you then just leave without saying goodbye?"

Liz could feel her eyes beginning to burn from the tears welling up in them. "Aiden, please. I never meant to hurt you or anyone else. I can't help that I'm moving!!"

"You're moving?"

She turned to the side, seeing Derek. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to see you."

Liz grabbed at her hair, pulling at it as she became more and more stressed. "I can't do this anymore!!" Her wrist burned more and more every second she became further stressed out.

"Liz, just calm down, okay?" Aiden said, rubbing her arm.

"Aiden, don't touch me. I don't know what I could do to you right now," Liz mumbled under her breath. She forced her eyes shut, her body collapsing to the ground.

"Liz!!" Derek screamed, running over to her as she fell to the asphalt.

"What's happening?!" Aiden screamed.

"She's going into a different realm. Come on, help me. We need to get her back to my place."

--------

Liz laid motionless on the bed in Derek's room. She hadn't moved once since the boys brought her to the loft. Derek sat in the bedside chair as Aiden sat across from him on the floor. "You think she'll wake up soon?" he asked.

"I don't know. It's been a few hours. She's never been out that long."

"I wonder what she's dreaming about. What she's seeing right now."

"I bet she'll tell us," Derek said, keeping his focus on her. "Did she ever tell you why she was moving?"

"Her dad put the house up for sale and then left. She's staying with her moms parents from what I heard."

"Where's that?" Derek questioned.

"No clue," he said, staring at the ground.

"Hopefully not far." He grabbed her hand, cupping it in his. He pulled it to his lips, kissing her hand. "Hopefully."