Chapter 26: Story

Alaina walked up and down the hallways of the old, decrepit building. Blood stains from Aiden were still here and there about the ground.

"What're you doing here?" she jumped upon hearing the voice.

Alaina looked up, seeing her husband. "I just had to come back."

"Laina, I know you better. Why are you really here?"

"I killed him, Al. I killed her friend. He was never going to hurt her. She'll never forgive me. She'll never agree to help or be with us." She broke down into tears as Alistair pulled her into his arms, stroking her hair.

"She will. She'll forgive you. You just need to give her time."

"Alistair, I heard her thoughts. That lingering power still lays with me. She hates me. Why do you think I just let her go? I'm not a mother to her. I never was."

"Is that the only power you still have from then?"

"As far as I know. Right now, Elizabeth is far more powerful than me. I would do anything to bring back those powers."

Alaina recalled the time she was a Pilae with Alistair. He only knew small details of her time as ruler of Visionaries. She had never told him how or why she gained and lost her powers. Alaina leaned against the wall, telling Alistair her story... the full story.

"I was young. Way before I knew Visionaries or wolves or anything ever existed. My father came into my room one day, he looked at me and said, Alaina, I need you to come with me. Naturally, I did so. He was my father and I trusted him. He led me into the backyard and into the forest behind the house. It was dark out and the only light was that of a small flashlight he brought with us. He left me sitting on a log with nothing more than a goodbye and an I love you. I finally decided to get up after an hour of waiting for him to return but he never did. I wondered around, lost in the forest. I knew the woods, sure, but finding my way out in the dark was hard and not easy. I finally found my way out just as the sun was hitting the horizon. I ran back up to my home, hoping my father would be proud of me for surviving and making it out alive. But I was wrong, so, so wrong. When I entered my house, I found a pack of young, cunning Alphas tearing my father apart, slicing away at his throat. He was dead long before but they were just doing it now for fun. I grabbed a knife, throwing it directly at one of them. It knocked him down quickly but it wasn't over. They chased me through my family home until I finally reached my dads room. I locked the door, hoping to stall them, which it did. I opened my fathers chest, which was all black and sealed by the crest of a Visionary. I opened it quickly and a shiny, metallic sword was laying inside."

"The mountain ash one?" Alistair asked.

"Yes. Long story short, I killed the Alphas and ruined their lives like they ruined my fathers. I didn't know what I was until later when I found others like me. They wanted my powers, but now I know to base it off of instinct, not jealousy. I ruled over them, controlling them almost, for a few years. That is until the revolt. One of them, his name was Daier, stood against me. I ended up falling for him and he for I. We were so madly in love but in the end, all Daier wanted was my power. He ended up taking mine and giving me his Liwah power. I was betrayed and more hurt than I had ever been but one good thing did come out of it."

"What's that, dear?"

"I gained a beautiful child from it."

His face turned to shock. It wasn't long after Alaina left Daier that she met Alistair. The timing fit perfectly and so Elizabeth 'became' his child.

"I'm so sorry, Al. I didn't mean to ever have to lie to you. It's just, you loved her so much. You loved Elizabeth. You treated her like your own and she never knew and Daier never knew."

"What about him then, Alaina!? Where is he at now?"

"He was killed, Alistair. Many years ago. I'm sorry. I never wanted you to find out that you weren't Liz's real dad."

"What?" Alaina turned immediately upon hearing the voice of a young girl.

"Elizabeth." Her face was filled with confusion and shock.

"What do you mean he's not my real dad?"

"It's a long story, Elizabeth. Not now. Why are you here?"

"I'll tell you after you tell me what you mean. Please. I've been lied to before about who my parents were. I already lost my dad once and now I finally regain my real dad and he actually cares about me and you tell me its all a lie?!" Tears began streaming down her face.

"Your father is a man named Daier. He's from years ago. He's passed now, Elizabeth. Now, what are you doing here?"

Wiping the tears from her eyes, she spoke. "I came to talk to you. I want to make a deal."

----------------

A/N: Just for anyone who ever wanted to know:::

Pilae is pronounced Pea-Lay

Dirut is pronounced Die-Root

Liwah is pronounced Lee-Wah

Daier is pronounced Day-er

Alaina is pronounced A-Lane-Uh

Alistair is pronounced Al-Ih-Stare

yup, I think that sums up the pronunciation. comment if you need anything else really pronounced lol??