Chapter 27: Date

"Do we have a deal?" Liz asked, staring them both down.

"I suppose. You have seven days, Elizabeth. After that, it's final."

"I understand."

"Good. Now, go. You don't need to be out at night."

"If you haven't noticed, I am much more powerful than you. I just need the will to kill you and I could do it," Liz snarled.

"I've noticed. But I am still your mother and you will listen to me."

She laughed. "You're not my mother. You're just some woman who gave birth to me. If that's what you say gives you the rights to the term mother, then believe it. In my eyes, a mother is someone who is always there and always cares for you. She will know every little thing about you. She will be your friend when you have none. That's not you. You don't know the first thing about me. You're not my mother and you never will be." She walked away, never once turning around to face them.

------

"Seven days?! Are you crazy, Liz?!" Derek shouted at Liz.

"Maybe."

"Liz, it's a damn near impossible plan. It's crazy to even think up. How do you think you're going to accomplish that in seven days?"

"We will take it day by day. I made the deal of seven days because there is seven steps. Tomorrow, we will start with step one. My seven days starts tomorrow."

"And step one is?"

"You'll find out tomorrow."

"Liz, what are you going to do if it doesn't work? What was the deal if this plan fails? What happens to you?"

"Alaina takes my Pilae power and I get nothing. I hand over all of what I have and I become a normal human again."

"Liz! How could you be so stupid?! You put your powers on the line for some crazy plan?" he shouted, flailing his arms.

She grabbed him by the shoulders, turning him around to face her. She rested her arms around his neck. "Listen, whether it works or not, I win. If it does, I get to be with you and they have no say in it. If it fails, I am a normal human again and there is no law against that. Allison told me so. All I want is you, Derek."

"You've got me, Liz. You've got me."

Liz smiled, leaning up and kissing his cheek softly. "As for tonight, we're doing something a little, unusual for us."

"What is that?" he smiled, his arms fixated on her waist.

"We're going on a real date. I've already made the reservations so you can't say no. I've picked out an outfit for you, too. You go get dressed and so will I." Liz smiled, weaseling out of his arms and running to change.

She quickly stripped down to her undergarments, snuggling into the tight, black dress. Just as it was halfway up her body, her breasts still not quite in it, Derek walked in. Noticing her struggle, he came up behind her, pulling up on the dress. She turned around quickly, fixing the dress perfectly on her body. "That was quick."

"What can I say? I get changed quickly," he smirked.

"You just wanted to see me without any clothes, you little perv," Liz smirked back, hitting his arm.

"Is it my fault that you're extremely attractive without them?"

"No, but I'm glad you notice." She winked at him before walking over to her black heels. Liz already had on minimal makeup and her hair was in loose curls so she didn't touch them. Her heels extended her legs a good few inches, but she was still shorter than Derek. A cab honked outside and Derek offered his arm to Liz, guiding the pair to the car with a smile.

---------

"Liz, you didn't have to do this."

"Yes, I did. It's perfect and honestly, this is all I ever wanted to do with you," she smiled.

"And here I was thinking you wanted me for my body!"

Liz began laughing with him. "The body was a plus," she smirked.

"Oh?" Derek smirked back.

"Alright, here is your bill, thank you guys for coming. Have a great night," the waitress smiled, setting down the check.

Derek placed exact change down before they began leaving. Derek began looking for a cab company on his phone to call but Liz snatched it from him. "Why don't we just walk?"

"You sure?"

"I'm sure. It's a nice night, anyways."

The time was close to midnight, maybe about eleven thirty. Derek and Liz walked in sync as his arm was pulling her close as it rested on her shoulder. "So, why did you want to walk?"

"I wanted to talk," she said quietly.

"About what?"

"I want to know something."

"Shoot!"

"Why me?"

"What?"

"Ever since my family brought me to Beacon Hills, it's always been you. You've always been drawn to me or something and I don't know why. I'm sure you've probably told me a thousand times why you love me but I don't know why you immediately chose me. You could've had anyone. Why choose me?"

"I was drawn to you because of who you are. You were told to stay away from me and that made you scared. Your fear was so inviting to me. You came to me when I repeatedly told you not to. Your ambition was, for lack of better words, hot. I could spend all night listing the things that I love about you and why I wouldn't want to be with anyone else."

She stopped him from walking. "I've got until eight tomorrow morning. Go for it," Liz smiled.

He laughed, kissing her quickly. "You're something else, Gray."

"You're my other half, Hale," Liz smiled, hugging him close.

They continued walking back, it was already midnight and they were a little over halfway there. By now, Liz was already on Derek's back because her feet hurt from the heels. As they walked, she kept squealing from Derek. "If you touch my butt one more time, you're dead meat, Hale!"

"Oh fine, I'll get some later," she could feel him smirk.

"I hate you," Liz said blank faced.

"No, you don't. You love me." Derek set her down on the ground, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Hate you," she smirked.

"You love me?"

She nodded.

Derek's lips crashed onto hers, making her smile through it. Before Liz could think, the next thing she saw was Derek being zapped to death. "DEREK!" she shrieked, hoping someone would hear her. A burlap sack was placed over her head and she was being given a shot of who knows what. "HELP! HELp! Help," Liz's voice faded along with her consciousness.

-----------------------------------------------------

A/N: yes, I did use a Derek and Paige moment from the show but it was so cute, how could I not? but if you hadn't already guessed, there will only be about 7 or 8 more chapters. :( its been so much fun but depending on how it ends, and if its requested, I might do a sequel :)