Chapter 8: Scream

The final bell rang for the week. It was Friday, the most treasured of all days. Liz exited the building, spotting Scott and Stiles across the lot talking to none other than Derek. She stared for a while, then of course, Stiles had to nudge Scott's shoulder, pointing her out. The two turned to her, taking Derek's attention too. He looked straight into Liz's eyes. She saw Allison and Lydia walking in her direction. As she turned her attention back on the boys, Derek was walking towards her. 'Hurry up, girls. Hurry up, please,' she thought repeatedly. Eventually they caught up, in which Derek still had a good 30 seconds before he reached them.

"You guys wanna come to my place for a movie night?" Allison asked.

"Yeah, sounds good! Liz, you in?"

"Yeah, let's do it!" she agreed. They all began walking to their cars, Liz stood behind the two girls, somewhat in the middle of the small line they had created. Derek was just a mere few feet away from them now. He ran straight into Allison, knocking her books from her hands, making them stop. Well played, Hale. Liz stood behind Lydia as Allison and Derek picked up her things.

"Sorry about that," he said.

"Oh, it's no big deal!" Allison laughed.

"Oh, hey, ya know I'll be over later! I have to get home for something," Liz said, trying to make her great escape.

"Okay, we'll see ya there then!" Lydia agreed.

Liz hugged them both, taking a moment of awkward stares with Derek on each hug. She waved goodbye to them as she began walking to her car. She could feel his heart being broken even more. Each time she blinked, she could only see his expressionless face as she left him standing. As she got into her car, she found a note lying on the dashboard.

'Meet us at the asylum tonight. We have plans for you, Elizabeth.

-Deucalion'

If she could get out of a meeting earlier in the week, she could get out of this one... and she would definitely try.

-----

"So what was up today? I honestly thought you and Derek were friends?" Allison said.

"Oh they are more than friends," Lydia said absentmindedly, whilst doing her nails. Liz turned her attention on Lydia with a glare. "What?"

"Lyd, you can't just say that!" Allison laughed.

"Well, they are!"

"Is that true, Liz?" Allison asked.

Liz froze. "Not anymore."

"What happened?!" Lydia shrieked.

"Technical difficulties. Something the twins told me."

"Oh no, what was it? They'd do anything to get what they wanted," Lydia said.

"It was forbidden for me to be with Derek."

"Why?" she asked.

"Stuff. Look, can we just not talk about it?"

"Fine," they both said in unison.

Liz's phone buzzed repeatedly on the table beside Allison. She picked it up to look. "Oooo, a phone call from Derek Hale!!"

"Give me that! ...... Should I answer?"

"Yes!!!!" they both screamed.

Liz stood up and walked into the hallway outside Allison's room. "Hello?"

"Hey, Liz."

"Hi, Derek."

"You're actually talking to me now?"