Chapter 17: Want

Aiden quickly drove her home and nothing more came of it than a hug to say thank you. Liz looked under the mat, finding the spare key to unlock the door. The house was eerily quiet, something she wasn't quite used to yet. Nearly everything in her room was packed into cardboard boxes. 'This is really happening,' she thought to herself.

Liz laid down on what was left of her bed, which was just a small mattress and some blankets and pillows. She covered herself up, trying her best to fight back the tears that were craving to escape from her eyes.

"You okay?" Liz sat up and turned behind her.

She smiled, wiping her tears but they continued to fall anyways. "Besides the fact that my entire life is falling apart, I'm doing just fine."

He sat down on the mattress beside her. "You know, Liz, you don't have to pretend around me. It's okay to feel sad and feel broken apart."

"But I'm supposed to be strong. Ever since I came to Beacon Hills, people looked to me to be the strong one, even my parents. I can't let my mom down."

"Your mom is proud of you. You crying and being upset wont ever change that," he smiled, brushing a piece of hair away from her face.

"I just wish I was different. I wish I wasn't a Visionary. I wish I wasn't a werewolf. I wish I was normal. I wish I was just Elizabeth Gray."

"Oh, but you're so much more than just Elizabeth Gray. You're beautiful, and smart, and caring, and talented, and powerful. You have the ability to change the world.... and stop your dad from doing more damage."

"How do I stop him? He doesn't listen to anyone. He just wants me dead. He will gain nothing from that."

"Elizabeth, your dad is a Liwah Visionary, meaning he has nothing. He has nobody. But, if he is able to kill you, he takes every ounce of Pilae Visionary power that you hold," he said, informing her.

"But I don't want this! He can take it!" Liz said, freaking out as the tears dried up on her face.

"Its not that simple. You see the mark on your skin?"

"The burn mark?" she asked, looking down to her wrist.

"Yes. It marks who you are. For a Visionary, it can be one of three places, depending on which Visionary you are. A Pilae, for instance, has it on their wrist. A Liwah has it around their ankle and a Dirut has it on their upper arm. The closer to the wrist, the more powerful."

"So, you're saying I'm more powerful than my dad?"

"Exactly," he smiled.

"Then how do I stop him?"

"You have to find your inner strength, Liz. He knows you're afraid of him and he uses that to his advantage. Use his weakness against him."

"I'm only here for two more weeks. I can barely find him even when he wants me to. How am I going to stop him before I'm shipped off to live with my grandparents?"

"Can we decide that tomorrow? Right now, you need rest. I've told you all you will need to know," he said with a concerned look, standing from the mattress.

"Okay." He began walking out of her room. "Hey, don't go... Please." He smiled, walking back to the small mattress. He laid underneath the covers with her, wrapping his arm around her body. Liz never felt more safe in her life. She turned and faced him, "I love you."

"I love you, too. Now, get some sleep, babe."

--------

Liz woke up, searching for him everywhere but he was no where to be found. "Downstairs," she heard.

She stood up, wrapping herself in the blanket. As she reached the bottom of the stairs, her face turned into the biggest smile as she saw him in the kitchen making breakfast. She tiptoed over behind him, grabbing him around the waist. He let out a big laugh, turning around in her arms. He leaned down, matching his lips perfectly to hers. Liz smiled through the entire kiss, feeling happier than she had in a long time. He pulled away, picking her up at the waist and placing her on the kitchen counter. "You hungry, babe?"

"What's cooking, good looking?"

He laughed. "Well, we have pancakes and pancakes and maybe some pancakes."

"Ooo, you know what sounds really good right now?"

"What?" he joked, moving back over to her.

"Pancakes," Liz smiled, kissing him.

"Sounds great."

He grabbed a plate, placing two pancakes on it for her, then did the same for himself. They both took their seats at the dining room table. "I know this isn't exactly breakfast conversation but do you know how I stop him?"

"Who?"

"My dad."

"We can talk about it later, okay babe?"

"Promise?"

"I promise," he smiled.

"Good," Liz smiled back, slightly laughing.

"Hey!" he shouted, bringing her attention back to him. She looked up in confusion. "I loved you then, I love you still, always have, always will."

Liz laughed at his corniness. "Think of that one on your own?"

"I might've had a little help from the internet. But hey, I mean it. I do love you, Elizabeth Gray."

"And I," she stood up, circling the table and placing her leg over his lap to face him. "Love you more."

_________________________

A/N: I never do these but hey I wonder who this mystery man is ;))))))))))