Chapter 33: Hell

Today was the day. Liz would have to kill her own mother or live on as a normal human being. At this point, all she wanted was a do over. A do-over in life, a do-over in her relationship with Derek, a do-over in who she was. She found herself at Derek's forest home many hours of the days. He would come by, but never come inside, just linger outside.

Liz would watch from the window, his eyes locked on hers. Usually, she would be the one to break the contact. She couldn't bare to talk to him, nonetheless look at him. When Liz first came to Beacon Hills, Derek was the only thing she could ever want in life. He was sweet, he was caring, he was strong, he was the best person to ever walk into her life. But time and time again, she seems to lose him.

Liz never believed in destiny or fate, but she did believe in Derek Hale.

She stumbled to her feet, trusting them to take her to the right place.

They did.

The door swung open. "Liz? What are you doing here? Come in."

"I can't, Derek. I just need you to tell me something."

"What?"

"Do you love me?"

"What?"

"Derek, it's a simple yes or no question. Just answer it. Do you love me?"

He pulled her towards him with a passionate kiss. "Yes," he breathed heavily.

She pushed herself off of him before punching him right in the gut, walking past him. "What was that for?" he groaned.

"For being a jerk, a douche, an ass, shall I go on?"

"No. Just tell me why you came. What do you need?"

"I came back because I love you. I need you to trust me. No complaining. Just trust me."

"I trust you."

"Good."

------------------------------------

"I see you've come. Wise decision, Elizabeth," my mother spoke as Derek and I approached her.

"I'm smart, you see."

"I do. But not smart enough to know you should not have brought the wolf."

"I'm part wolf. My Visionary powers just hide it well."

"I see that, Elizabeth. But, since you are so smart, tell me this, do you plan on fighting me? Your own mother?"

She laughed, pacing a little. "Before I say anything, I want you to tell me what happened to my dad. What happened to Daier, mom?" Liz shuddered at the sound of calling her mom. She wasn't her mom.

"He died."

"How?" Liz could see the tension on her face. "How did he die, Alaina?"

Alaina looked away from everyone. "It was far too long ago and I wasn't with him, anyhow, when it happened."

"The hell you were!" Liz finally screamed. "You killed him! YOU killed my father! See, I bet you're thinking, how does she know that? Well, let's just say I have friends in high places." She looked down at her wrist, seeing it glow brighter than ever before.

"How dare you ever say something like that, Elizabeth! I loved your father very much!"

"How could you do it then? How could you look him in the eyes, saying all this shit about how you love him, and then stab him straight through the heart with a sword of Ilea?" Her eyes raised to meet Liz's. Alaina backed away. That was when Liz truly knew what her father told her was true. "You are gutless, coward and I feel absolutely terrible for the person who has to even stand next to you in Hell."