Chapter 20: Switch

Liz slowly opened her eyes, seeing Derek laying beside her on his bed. His eyes closed and a small smile plastered on his face. She reached her hand up and poked at his cheek, waking him up. "I just had to. Your cheeks looked so chubby and cute all squished together."

"Have I ever told you that I love you?"

"A few times," Liz giggled, moving towards his body as he wrapped his arm around her.

She snuggled her head between his bicep and chest. "How do you feel, Liz?"

She hated being called Liz by him.

"I've been better. I got my father out of the way but now, I lost both my parents. I'm leaving for my grandparents house in less than two weeks and that's pretty far. And to top it all off, that Alistair guy is trying to take all my powers."

"I wont let him hurt you, Liz."

She wanted to scream Lizzie at him. She wanted him to call her by the name he knows she loves. She wanted him to show her love by just a simple nickname. She wanted Lizzie. She needed Lizzie.

Derek got out of bed quicker than she did. He was downstairs for most of the day while Liz sulked about her life upstairs in bed. She got out of bed around three, finally, and freshened up for a good, solid hour. She descended the stairs, hoping to find Derek, but he was gone. All she found was a note. A note and Aiden.

"What're you doing here? Where's Derek?"

"He had to talk to Scott and Isaac. He knows what I feel but only trusts me to be alone with you, knowing you don't feel the same."

"Aiden, I could care less if you were here or not. It wont change anything. I want nothing to do with you."

"Liz, stop! You may not like me the way I like you but you're not going to get rid of me! I'm here, Liz! I'm always going to be here! You may not like it, but I am not going anywhere!" Aiden towered over her as he yelled.

She stepped back in fear. "You, you've never done that before."

"It's because I'm sick and tired of you acting like this!" He began pacing back and forth. "You think you're the only one with problems? Try killing an entire pack of innocent people and then come back to me and tell me how you regret killing your father."

"I need to talk to Derek."

"He wont be back for a while."

"I'm going home then. I can find my way." She began walking towards the door and Aiden grabbed her wrist, which nearly singed his skin.

"BACK AWAY FROM ME, AIDEN." The different voice hit her again.

He jumped back from the pain of her skin touching his, but this time went for her upper arm. "Liz, stop. What are you doing?"

"I'm not Liz. I AM THE PILAE. I AM THE MOST POWERFUL BEING OF MY KIND AND YOU WILL NEVER BEAT ME, YOU PATHETIC WOLF." She picked him up around his neck, just as she did to her father. The air was coming straight out of him quicker than imagined. Just as he was about to hit his final breath, Liz was tackled to the ground by a strong force. She looked back quickly to see Isaac, Scott, Ethan, and Derek all surrounding her. Ethan mended to his brother. Scott was her first target, as he was the one who knocked her to the ground. Just as easily as she took down her father, Scott went down quicker. Isaac tried to intervene but was caught in her grasp. They hung in the air as her grasp around their necks tightened. She felt a light touch on her shoulder as she did so.

"Lizzie. That's enough." Liz dropped the two boys to the ground and turned to Derek. She forced her eyes shut and reopened them again. She threw herself into his arms, which confused him deeply.