Chapter 1

As I walk I into my first class, band, I notice a new face in the front of the room talking to Mr. Heath. As I get into my position, Mr. Heath begins to speak.

"This is Mr. Urie, and he is going to be in our class room observing and teaching every day for a while. You will show him the same respect that you show me, maybe even more. He will be, for the most part, in the back of the room with the percussion."

Mr. Urie slowly makes his way across the room to join me and the other percussionists. The way he walks, I don't know, there's something about it. It's cute. No not cute it's hot.

"Hello," he says nervously "my name's Mr. Urie, uh, I guess you already knew that, but please don't call me that. I prefer Brendon. If you don't mind me asking your names."

I feel my face getting warmer as it gets closer to my turn. The moment I dread comes quickly and eventually it's my turn. "Uh, my name's Nicole, but I prefer Nicky." I feel much better after that although my stomach is still tight from the nervousness.

Mr. Heath begins to start class and we start the first piece. Mr. Urie(Brendon) takes my role on the snare drum. He plays like he's done it a million times, he probably has, it's so graceful. The way he moves his entire arm showing a tattoo on his arm, that was covered by his sleeve before. The piece finishes and he hands the drumsticks back.

"Sorry, I had to get a feel of the music," he utters. I take the drumsticks, and begin playing a soft beat. "That's nice," I swing around almost hitting with one of the drumsticks. I hadn't realised that he was still behind me.

"Oh, uh yeah, I, uh, learned it a while ago, I've always kinda liked it, I guess." He chuckles, it's so cute, just like everything about him.

"Ok, but do you know how to improve it?" He asks, "may I?" I hand him the drumsticks once again. He starts playing as I watch closely. His angelic arms move to a new faster beat. As he hits the drum, I can't help but blink every time the drum and drumsticks come into contact with one another.

He finishes, I applaud. He smiles that cute smile and sets the drumsticks down on the drum. "Your turn," he says motioning toward the drum. I take a step closer to the drum and try. I fail. I try again, same result. He comes up to the drums with another pair of drumsticks and starts playing with me.