Chapter 10

He grabs my hair and hits my forehead off of the car repeatedly. I can tell it's a man by the strength of him and the size of his hands. "Bam, bam, bam," my head is starting to bleed, leaving blood on the car. As the blood increases, the stain gets larger. I still hold tightly onto the keys, not remembering why I even have them. Eventually my blood is running down the side. He drops my hair, the only thing holding me up at this point, and I fall to the ground. The keys fall for my grip, he looks, as if, he didn't even know I had them, I suppose he didn't. He bends over and snatches them up, like a kid and a chocolate bar. He quickly gets into the car. He starts it just as Brendon comes out of the house. "Hey, Hey that's my car!" He looks down at me before looking back at the car. I can tell he's scanning the guys face, probably so he can get revenge later. In that moment his eyes grow wide, he knows this person. "You," he whispers malevolently. He runs over to me, scanning my body to see how to go about picking me up. He slides his arm under my back and the other, under the knee of my leg. I black out. I wake to him carrying me inside looking very worried, probably the most worried I've ever seen him. I slip in and out of consciousness as we go. I slip out one more time.

I wake shooting up out of bed, which I immediately regret. Afterwards I get a migraine, which doesn't go away for a while. Everyone but Tara is gone, Tara wakes as the whole bed shakes as I shiver. Its cold in here, why is it so cold in here. I get up and Tara also gets up having me the blanket that she had been wrapped in while she was sleeping. I take in and wrap it around the both of us. We walk down the stairs together just like this.

Once we get to the bottom of the stairs, she spots Violet and runs over to her. I mosey my way into the kitchen, where Brendon, Jordan, and Caelyn sitting around the table. I walk over and sit down, they immediately pause their conversation, obviously not wanting me to hear. "What are you guys talking about?" I ask casually. They all nod their heads like its nothing. "Come on, I'm not stupid, I know you were talking about something important, tell me," I unsuccessfully beg for the information I want. They, then change the subject, like the last five minutes didn't happen. With the "how do you feel,"s and the "did you sleep well,"s. I want to know what they were talking about. "If you do not tell me right now I will rip off all of the healed flesh, and it will bleed all over again. I will make it worse than it is now." They all look concerned, like really concerned. They all know I'll do it so they break.

"So you know how you were attacked, obviously," Jordan starts.

"Yea,"

"Well, what if we told you we might know who did it," Caelyn added, clearly weary.

"For real, you might know who it was. That's great! Oh my gosh!"

"Not great that's for sure." Caelyn says, she looks sick.

"Are you ok?" Jordan asks her, she nods.

"Well who was it?" I ask eagerly. I want to know, I need to know.

"We don't really know him, but he does," Jordan says motioning toward Brendon.

"Well, who was it?" I ask for the millionth time.

"It's my twin brother, Tanner."