Aftermath

As I sit there and watch my, now ten year old, sister's play with their, four year old, niece and nephew, I can feel someone breathing on my neck. I turn to see Brendon is behind me. He smiles the gigantic, gorgeous, goofy smile of his and I can't help but to smile back. He sits down next to me, watching them as well. We are soon joined by Caelyn and Jordan. Nathan runs up to us and looks at each of us, individually. He taps Brendon with his tiny hand. "Tag you're it, daddy."

"Oh yeah, you think so?" Nathan turns and runs away yelling 'daddy's it's to the others. Brendon runs after him, he scoops Nathan up and hangs him upside down. Nathan giggles uncontrollably. As Brendon sets him down, gently, he looks at me with a mischievous sparkle in his eyes. He runs after me and tags me, "You're it," he says and sprints away. I run after him, laughing. I catch up to him and tag him, I turn to run but he tags me back.

I decide that his arms are way longer than mine so, I head back over to tag Jordan and get the last to involved in our huge he of tag. Jordan is already running away but Caelyn is paying no attention. I tag her arm and she looks at me in confusion. "You're it," I say and run away.

After a long day of various games, everyone goes to bed. Brendon and I enter Nathan and Annabeth's room. They lay down in their own bed even though it will never last. Annabel giggles at the sight of the two of us, "Daddy it's story time." Brendon smiles, and walks over to the bookcase.

"What will it be today? Hmmm, oh I have an idea, how about mommy picks this one." As soon as it leaves his mouth the nodding answers the question. I walk over to stand beside Brendon, I look through the collection. I see all sorts of books Red Riding Hood, Snow White, Cinderella.  Finally I decide The Three Bears was a good one. I grab it and hand it to Brendon, who walks over to the chair that sits in the middle of the room, just for story time. He assumes his position and begins reading. The two of them listen with such curiosity they are almost falling out of bed from leaning so far.

Afterwards, hugs and kisses are given and the light is turned out. We close the door, but we don't leave yet. We listen, and after a few seconds, we hear the familiar light footsteps of Annabeth running over to get into bed with her brother.

We walk into our bedroom, and just as the little ones had, Chandler into our pajamas and climb into bed. Brendon reaches over and turns out the light. As he flips back over to face me, I can't help but smile. "What?"

"I love you so much, it's hard to contain the enjoyment of just being alone with you."

He is now smiling as well, "I love you, too." He kisses my forehead and pulls me closer to him. I look up at his face, he looks down and our lips met in the middle. I move my head back down and rest it on his chest. I listen to his breaths become slower before I hear a light snore. I listen to his heartbeat slow down, as well. As I listen, my thoughts pause, just enough to allow me to fall asleep in the