Chapter 21

He pulls away, "hey, it's nice to see you." I just smile. I can't find the strength to do anything else. "Hey are you ok?" His face becomes worried, "is the baby ok?" I nod now in tears. He also starts crying. He pulls me onto the bed with him. We sit there for a while my head on his shoulder, no longer crying.

We are free to leave later that day, and even though they need to watch Brendon, they need the space even more. On the way home the radio changes to an emergency broadcast. It says that terrorists are causing more and more bombs to erupt all over the city. The news is terrifying. About that moment I get a phone call from Caelyn.

"Hello."
"Have you heard?"
"Yes, it's crazy why would someone do that."
"I don't know but your siblings are freaking out here. They are going psychotic. Everyone is crying and running around, crashing into random things."
"Ok we are on our way, try to settle them down."
"Ok, please hurry." And with that I hang up the phone.

"Step on it." Brendon speeds up, we make it home in half the time it would normally take.

We walk into the house expecting to see a huge mess and three children running around like a bunch of beheaded chickens. No, everyone has crashed and are now sleeping on the couch. We tiptoe in and run upstairs, hoping to catch some shut eye as well.

As we lay down I have to ask, "what are we going to do now? Everyone is getting cabin fever being here all day and all night."

"I know, honestly I was getting a little worried about everyone. They are not copping well." He turns to lay on his side facing me.

"Maybe we can have a day out with everyone. Take a walk to the park, get some fresh air. Maybe some shopping or going to the movies. I don't know but we need to do something." I suggest, he nods.

"All of those are great ideas maybe one day this week. We should talk about it with everyone tomorrow." He lays back down on his back. I lay my head on his chest, I can hear the steady beat of his heart. After a while of just laying there listening to the soft beat of his heart I drift into a deep sleep.