1. Platform 9 3/4

Juliette

"Here goes!" I took my mum's hand and my world became a blur. My ears were popping and it felt uncomfortable. Apparition is something that I've hated for a long while now.

I have never been to Platform 9 3/4 because I've never had a reason to. The platform was grand and a large red and black train huffed out a few loud noises. I smiled up at my father in excitement and hugged him. He grinned down at me, as he put one hand on my shoulder.

"Both of you will write to me at least once every other week right?" I asked my parents.

"I'll try my best Juliette. Don't find yourself in too much trouble at Hogwarts," said my mother, with a small smile and planted a kiss on my forehead.

I turned to my father, waiting for a parting piece of advice or wisdom before I parted for Hogwarts, but he didn't say a word. He seemed like he hadn't heard anything that my mother and I said. He seemed distracted. His gaze was perched on a boy with messy black hair and circular glasses. The boy took a step onto the train, disappearing out of sight.

I glanced at my mum and gave her a hopeful look. The moment was ruined when a boy with blonde overly-gelled slick-back hair approached us, "Hello, Mr and Mrs Trails. Father told me to say hello" said the blonde. He took a long look at me, "You must be... Julia?"

He offered his hand to shake mine, which I returned while correcting him, "Juliette, actually. You are?" I asked bitterly.

"Draco Malfoy," he said his name with such pride and confidence. I had to refrain myself from punching him; the tone of his voice as he said his name was so smug. 

My mother looked at me then back at the other boy, "Juliette, your father and I must leave. It's almost eleven, and the Ministry calls. Stick around with Draco, perhaps?" she said looking at him and hugged me. Both of my parents said goodbye and left me alone with Draco.

I waved at them one last time and heard the loud popping sound as they Apparated out of the platform. Draco and I were left alone, and we walked to where we were supposed to load our trunks.

"What house do you reckon you'll be in?" I asked him out of curiosity.

"Slytherin. That's where all the purebloods will be. My father says that it's the most admired house at Hogwarts compared to the other ones. I expect you want the same?"

I scoffed at him. Sure, Slytherin was admired, but all of the dark wizards come from there. Not a single good wizard did. "If you think so... I don't know what house I want to be in. I wonder where the Sorting Hat will place me... did you hear that apparently Harry Potter is in our year?" I said, changing the conversation. Honestly, I did not want to be in Slytherin and thinking about what house I would be placed in was kind of a terrifying thought.

Later on, two other boys joined, named Crabbe and Goyle. They began speaking to Draco about the Nimbus 2000 and Quidditch in general. I'm not that interested in Quidditch, so I quickly escaped the boys, and tried to find an empty compartment. 

After passing several compartments, I reached a point where they were filled with students who were upper years. Finally, I found a compartment, with a black-haired boy with glasses and a ginger who was holding a rat.

It must have been a coincidence, it was the same boy my father was watching earlier. The other boy had flaming red hair.

"Do you mind if I join you? I haven't found any other compartments which are not occupied," I said, hoping that they would say yes.

"Sure," replied the boy with black hair.

As I examined him, I noticed the famous lightning scar which I commonly found in the Daily Prophet and in books. His story was told by many in the Wizarding World. Unknowingly, I blurted out, "No blimmin' way! You're Harry Potter!"