30. Letters

Juliette

Once I finished my breakfast, I decided it would be a good time to write to Draco and see how he was managing at the Manor.

I pulled out a quill and piece of parchment from my bag.

Draco,

I'm alive. Need to talk to you asap. Meet at Shrieking Shack passage at eleven o'clock tonight.

T

I tried to keep the note short and signed it with a different initial (Trails). I know that it's risky to see Draco, but I had to.

I went back down the stairs and called for my aunt, "Aunt Myra? Do you have an owl I could borrow? I need to send a letter to Draco."

"You may use my owl, Hobbs, but beware he bites. He hangs around the window in my bedroom."

I ran up the stairs, quickly thanking her and turned at the last door in the hallway. The room was grand but quite empty. The sheets were neat as if no one had laid a hand on it.

The brown barn owl rested peacefully on the window ledge tranquillity. If my aunt had not told me he bit, I would have never guessed it.

I held the letter out towards the owl, "Hobbs, could you please take this to Draco?" The owl nipped at the parchment, turned towards the sky and flew away.

-----------------------------------------------------

Draco

The Dark Lord insisted on having another meeting in a couple days. I wasn't sure what was going to happen because for all he knows, Juliette is supposed to be there, but she's gone. The Dark Lord was going to be enraged and he would be on the hunt for her, at least until he found Potter.

The thought of what my next task could be put me in distress. I wasn't sure what his plan was now that Dumbledore was dead. Now, there wasn't anything in between him and Potter.

I passed through the kitchen and walked outside to the garden of the Manor. Oddly, I thought of spells and curses, but couldn't stop myself from pondering the Cruciatus Curse. It made me think of Juliette, how her's was astoundingly strong. It wasn't everyone who could be gifted with Unforgivable Curses.

I glanced at the dead plants, lost in thought. At the corner of my eye, I saw something twitch. My focus shifted and a small spider crawled from behind a plant pot.

I put my wand down and buried my face into my hands.

I spotted a brown owl flying through the sky which began to lower towards me. I was confused at first, the owl didn't look familiar to me.

The owl dropped a small piece of parchment paper to me reading:

Draco,

I'm alive. Need to talk to you asap. Meet at Shrieking Shack passage at eleven o'clock tonight.

T

I felt a wave of relief. She is safe and alive. Before the owl began to fly away, I rushed up to my room and scribbled on a piece of parchment.

Trails,

Everything is bloody messed up, thanks tons. He'll be after you once the meetings over tomorrow. See you tonight, don't be late,

Malfoy

She had no clue what she's done here at the Manor. Everything is a mess, both of our parents were Apparating in and out of the Manor, searching for her. I wasn't even sure if her parents slept last night.It's hell at the Manor, and Trails had left me with nothing to do.