15. Katie Bell

Draco

The entire walk back to the castle was silent. Neither of us had anything to say as we had to deal with knowing what we had done; we may have killed Katie Bell.

It didn't help that I had this awful knot in my stomach. It was something about today that just made it all seem so off.

After we got out of the passage, Juliette and I walked into the Slytherin Common Room, thank Merlin no one was around. Both of our faces were pale from what we both just did. Unanswered questions constantly arose in my thoughts.

Did I really kill Katie Bell?

Did I say the incantation wrong?

Did she put on the necklace?

All I remembered was hearing Katie's high pitch scream, loud, her mouth wide open, and her body launched high into the air. I didn't tell her not to touch it. What if she did touch it? It would be all my fault because of a careless mistake.

Sure, we had to follow the Dark Lord's orders to live. But I never intended on killing anyone along the way. Gryffindor or not, I may hate them, but not to the point where I was desperate for murder.

Juliette walked to the girl's dormitory and I to the boys. Both of us were not in a mood to say a word to anyone. I slouched down into my bed, asking myself, what is going to happen next?

Dinner was in a few hours, and I had to face all the students from Hogwarts. But what if the plan did work? Would Dumbledore die?

I shut my eyes closed in hopes that this was all just some screwed up nightmare. All of it.

-----------------------------------------------------

I was woken up by Blaise Zabini, shaking my shoulders, "Mate, you alright? It's time for supper."

Groggily, I opened my eyes and slowly replied, "Y-yeah, how long have I been sleeping?"

"A few hours. Are you sure your alright? You've been saying a lot of things... and tossing around."

"Since when did you watch me sleep, Zabini?" I snapped, angrier than I intended. "Nevermind, I'll just meet you at the Great Hall, then."

He gave me a wary look, mumbled something under his breath, and then left the dormitory. I went to the washroom to have a quick shower, then changed back into my school robes.

I did my best to slowly make my way to the Great Hall. I didn't want to face anyone or anything. I felt this paranoia that people knew that it was me. 

-----------------------------------------------------

As I walked through the corridors, students were everywhere. It almost seemed like Hogwarts was filled with even more students than usual. I began to actually notice people. Maybe it was because I was actually paying attention.

Who was to say that I wouldn't be expelled within the next few days?

Once I entered the Great Hall, I only felt worse. I also noticed that Juliette was sitting at the very end of the Slytherin table, almost isolated from the rest.

"Did you hear what happened to Katie Bell? Crazy, isn't it?" said Blaise, which only made me want to drop my jaw in awe that people had already known. I stared down at my food and picked at it slowly.

"What is she anyway? Half-blood?" Theo asked coldly. Millicent scoffed at what he said.

"Does it matter?" I said rather hotly, not intending it to actually come out of my mouth. Right when I finished, I regretted my words.