44. Fiendfyre

Juliette

"It's really happening," said Hermione.

"It is," I said back to her, grabbing her hand.

The four of us were speaking in the middle of the staircase as students ran around searching for safety or following orders given by the professors. I looked out of the window, and a thick transparent shield had begun to form around Hogwarts.

"I've been thinking. It doesn't matter if we find a Horcrux," said Ron.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"We have to be able to destroy them. In the Chamber of Secrets, the skeleton of the Basilisk's got to still be there," Ron continued.

Harry had this look on his face as he thought about what Ron said.

"Brilliant. Take this, then you can find me and Juliette later on," he nodded, giving the two the Marauder's Map.

"Where're you two going?" Hermione inquired as she took the map from Harry.

"We're going to the Ravenclaw common room," I said quickly.

"OK. We'll find you guys afterwards," said Ron.

We split up, and I directed Harry to the Ravenclaw common room. "Harry, I've been thinking. You feel things every time we destroy a Horcrux, don't you?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Don't you think that if you let him in, then we can find out where the snake is? He's going to come for you, Harry. The faster we destroy those Horcruxes, the fewer people will die, right?"

"That's right, but it's harder than it seems to just let him in. I don't know how to explain it, it's like I only see this stuff when he's angry. When some type of emotion actually affects him."

I contemplated on the thought as we ran towards the Ravenclaw common room.

"Hold on, I'll meet you in the Ravenclaw common room or something. We need more information... I'm going to try and find my aunt, she's got to know something after all of those books and Auror things that she's done."

"Good idea. You know where'll be, but if I'm not there, find Hermione and Ron. Juliette, stay safe, please."

"You too," I gave him one last look before turning around. I figured that the first place to look would be in the paved courtyard. Aunt Myra was probably helping the others put up the shield.

------------------------------------------------------

Draco

I quickly escaped out of my room and found myself in front of the fireplace. I had to do this, I kept telling myself. This was the school I grew up in. If there wasn't already a war going on, there was going to be one. My father was determined to get a head start in running away. Leaving the country for a bit, I reckon.

I was done fighting with them. I know what I have to do.

There's still unfinished business.

I didn't care that I didn't have my wand, which Saint Potter took.

I didn't care if I had to get to Hogwarts by foot or by Floo Network.

I'm going to get there. I took a handful of Floo powder and stepped into the fireplace.

"You were going to leave without saying goodbye?" My mother entered the room.

"No offense mother, but I couldn't care less about saying-"