29. Severus Snape

Juliette

Aunt Myra sat there listening to every detail I mentioned. I didn't leave out anything. 

Once I finished all she said was, "Oh."

She stared blankly at her already drunken tea as she processed everything that I had said.

"I didn't want this to happen. It wasn't exactly a choice," I added.

She said nothing.

She finally showed some emotion sighing, "Right. This was all my fault."

I looked at her in utter shock, "Of course not! If anything it was my mum and dad's fault! They put me through this! It's not your fault! How is it your fault!"

"I'm so sorry, Juliette. It was so selfish of me to not even write to you once. I didn't think You-Know-Who would set you up for such a difficult task. I thought my sister would at least have the heart to not pull you into all of this."

I took my last sip of tea, "It's OK. It's done, and no one can change it, not even me," she frowned at me, the guilt not escaping her face. I gave her a small smile and in a cheerful tone I said, "What have you been up to?"

"Jul, it's late. Why don't we both get some rest and I'll tell you what I've been up to tomorrow, OK? I'll have Krogee cook us up a really nice breakfast and I'll update you. Alright?"

"OK," I said, realizing that I was much more tired than I thought.

"Head up the stairs, it's the first bedroom to your left. Goodnight," she said.

I said goodnight and followed her directions to the bedroom. It was a cosy room, with carpet flooring. The bed was not too large nor small. From what I recall, this room had been locked when I first scouted the place. I pulled out some pyjamas from my bag which I had placed a charm on and changed into them. I plopped onto the bed and in seconds, I had fallen asleep.

-----------------------------------------------------

After a good night's rest, I woke up to a very delicious smell of either pancakes or waffles. I quickly brushed my teeth and changed into proper clothing.

I rushed down the stairs and nearly tripped. "Morning, Aunt Myra," I said happily.

"Good morning, Jul!" She said brightly, waving her wand as it cooked the food.

"Krogee," I gave the house-elf a curt nod. I still was not too fond of him after what he did: he took my wand away from me when I needed it. He looked up at me and nodded, then continued cooking. In a low voice to my aunt, I asked, "How'd you end up with that one?" I made small gestures at Krogee.

"Found him in Diagon Alley and took him in. I believe he came from the Malfoys but somehow escaped. I'm not exactly sure, never really bothered to ask."

When she said the name Malfoy, I wondered what Draco was up to and if my parents were trying to find me. I figured I should probably write to him after breakfast.

I sat down across from my aunt and Krogee gave us our meal. My aunt thanked him and I nodded at him as a gesture, "So are you going to tell me what happened after the Dark-," I paused, remembering that I didn't need to address him like that, "You-Know-Who returned?"

She heaved out a sigh, "Well, I began by adding charms all around this place-there's all sorts of, illusions, locks, all of those to this flat. Everyone always admired your mother for being gifted in charms, but she wasn't the only one. Since I was sorted into Hufflepuff, I never got that type of praise, which I truly never felt jealous of," I hated how this same type of prejudice between the houses at Hogwarts always existed; because my mother was a Slytherin, everyone in the family gave the attention to her. My aunt equally deserved the same credit.