39. Griphook's Offer

Juliette

The Death Eaters had to have known that the knife made it through the Apparition. I knew that Draco would be expecting me to write to him, and I didn't want him to have to worry. I quickly scribbled down a note which read, 

Draco,

I'm fine. Dobby was killed. Hope you are safe.

T

I re-read the note. Just as I was about to send it, I had doubts. It was extremely risky as there were so many Death Eaters at the Manor. It would only make things more dangerous for myself and Draco. Besides, just in cases, I couldn't risk giving away Harry, Ron, and Hermione's new hideout spot at Ron's brother, Bill's house.

I frowned and crumpled up the piece of paper. "Incendio," I watched as the parchment burned in the air. I feel guilty for not telling him that I am OK, but it's for the better. I can't risk endangering Draco, and I know that he's smart enough not to send a letter either.

However, there is one person that I can alert.

I took another piece of parchment, hoping it would be safe to write to my aunt.

Aunt Myra,

Try to get in contact with Draco. He'll explain everything. Know that I'm safe.

J

I'm unsure if it will be read by the Ministry, I hope not. I feel culpable, my aunt is left in the dark from all of this, and she's practically my family.

I retraced everything that happened. I had so many questions for the house-elf, Krogee. How did he know that Harry, Ron, and Hermione were in trouble at the Manor? Why didn't he do something about it himself, rather than dragging me into it? I almost got myself and my friends killed.

I wasn't sure whether or not I was angry or thankful for Krogee. He put me in a situation where I nearly died, but it also ignited old friendships.

I took the letter and folded it neatly into my pocket. I walked down the stairs, noticing Bill Weasley and Fleur Delacour. I remembered that Fleur was a competitor in the Triwizard Tournament. The two sat with Ron, Hermione, and Harry.

"It's great to see you again, Juliette," Bill commented. His hair was bright orange, like any other Weasley, but he had several scratches on his face. He worked for Gringotts as a Curse-Breaker.

"Same to you, Bill. I can't believe I'm seeing you again, Fleur! Another pleasant surprise," I said, noticing that she still had the same physique as she did three years ago: bonde, slim, and the unforgettable French accent. I wanted to laugh as I remembered Ginny's name for Fleur, Phlegm.

"Of course," she responded with easiness and calmness in her voice. "Please, 'elp yourself with some tea."

I thanked her and poured out a cup of hot tea and sat down in the empty chair beside Ron.

"Bill, Fleur, would you mind if we spoke to Juliette for a moment?" Harry asked. The two agreed and got out of their seats, leaving the four of us alone.

For a few moments, there was an awkward silence.

Ron inspected me and looked at me oddly as if I had something on my face. "So where have you been?" He asked awkwardly.

I could sense that they were trying to get an explanation out of me. I had this feeling that I was about to be interrogated. "Where do you want me to start?"

"Well, next time don't go off with-ouch! Blimey, 'Mione," said Ron, looking at Hermione. She muttered something to him and he gave a loud huff to her, then said something under his breath. "I mean, what happened after the Ministry, I suppose," he rubbed the back of his neck where Hermione had hit him.