31. Found, Again

Juliette

It was midway through July and it's felt like nothing has changed. Despite as much research as I've been able to do with books that I brought and books that Aunt Myra has brought from the Ministry, we've had no leads on where the locket is.

I wrote and met up with Draco a few times over the summer, when it was safe. I wish I got to see him more, but it wasn't safe to see each other often. Since Dumbledore has passed, Draco's been assigned a task at Hogwarts. With Snape as Headmaster, Voldemort has control over the whole school, meaning that Death Eaters will be professors as well. For example, Draco had a task alongside the Carrows. I was scared for him, the Carrows are dangerous and unpredictable. I could only imagine them gladly cruciating students at Hogwarts.

According to my aunt, Snape's position was unknown to the Order. Most people were convinced that because Dumbledore trusted him, he was with the Order. However, he hasn't made contact with the Order, and all they know is that Snape's the Headmaster of Hogwarts.

-----------------------------------------------------

The next week went by extremely quickly. Tonight the Order's plan was to transport Harry from the Dursley's to the Burrow, where Molly would wait. It was risky, but it had to be done. From what I understood from my aunt's explanation, until he turned seventeen, the protection spell at the Dursley's would be removed and Voldemort would be able to reach him.

My aunt was going to leave me with Krogee and I was told to stay in the flat and not leave until she came back. I was scared for her and the rest of the Order.

"Juliette, you know what to do. Wait for a whole day if I don't return, before finding help. Stay safe in the flat," she said overly dramatically.

"You are not going to die, Aunt Myra. Stay safe," I concluded, hugging her.

She smiled warmly at me and left. I knew she was gone when I heard the Apparating crack.

I faced the tiny house-elf, "Krogee, she's going to be safe, right?"

He gave me a hopeful look, "Of course. Mistress is a great wizard. Mistress' niece must not worry."

I gave him a small grin, "Have you found anything about the locket?" I asked curiously. Over time, Krogee has grown on me. He even helped me with finding information about the locket.

The house-elf pulled out a crumpled photo. I hadn't felt this excited about something in so long, "Krogee, where did you find this?" I took the photo, staring at it in shock.

I examined the photo, it couldn't be. Dolores Umbridge sat in the photo with a golden locket, which looked exactly the same as the one I had been searching for.

"On the streets of Diagon Alley, Miss," his voice croaked.

-----------------------------------------------------

After talking to myself out loud for an hour, I came up with a plan.

Thanks to the Order who inspired me with the plan, I was going to brew the Polyjuice potion and transform into Aunt Myra. She worked at the Ministry, as an Auror, so it would be easy to become her since I knew her personally. Plus, it was easy to collect a strand of her hair.

I was going to find Umbridge and somehow manage to get the locket off of her. I still hadn't figured out how I was going to, but it was the start of a plan. Now all I had to do was begin brewing the potion.

As I prepared the cauldron, I had lost track of time. It was late at night, and I had fallen asleep on top of the book which had all of the ingredients to the potion.

Someone had tapped me on my shoulder.

"Juliette, wake up," the voice repeated over and over.

I groaned and rubbed my eyes, seeing my aunt, who had several bruises and her hair was quite messy.

"Aunt Myra, your back," I said as gleeful as I could, but I was too tired to show my excitement.

"Yes, but I have some news. Maybe I should tell you in the morning?"

I looked out the window and the colours of the sunrise were mixing together.

I rubbed my eyes again, "Might as well tell me now, it is the morning."

"Mad-Eye passed..." she said quietly. My stomach dropped. Moody was one of the best Aurors. I could tell that my aunt was even more sad because she worked closely with him. In fact, I recall her mentioning him training her.

"It was all Mundungus," she said angrily. "I should've known! Mundungus tipped off the Death Eaters and of course, he was able to get away! He was never that trustworthy from the start..."

"I'm so sorry," I said apologetically. I remembered the imposture Mad-Eye who had taught us in our fourth year, but I hadn't known the actual Alastor Moody well.

"He died as such an accomplished wizard. I hope to achieve as much as he did someday," she said mournfully. "One of the Weasley twins, George took a hard strike to his ear, he lost it," she added.

I gasped, "Merlin's beard! Is he alright?" I said frantically. Fred and George were always good friends with me. They always pulled pranks on people and constantly made me laugh until I couldn't anymore. Hearing that he was hurt, really made me worry and I felt like I really was doing wrong. It made me want to strip off the mark on my forearm.

"He should be OK after some bandaging. The rest of the Order made it back alive. Injured, but alive," she sat down on the couch in her small living room. Her eyes began to close and for a few moments, it really did look like she was sleeping.

"You should get some rest Aunt Myra, you've had a long night. Talk to you in the morning," I concluded.

"I suppose you're right. Night dear," she slowly made her way up the stairs and turned into her bedroom.

I was astonished, Mad-Eye dead and George lost an ear and more injuries. All because of Severus Snape. It was odd because he was greatly trusted by Dumbledore, but then Dumbledore dies and all the sudden his loyalty lies faithfully with Voldemort.

I was delighted that my aunt made it back alive, but this was just the beginning of a ruthless war. More lives were going to be lost and sacrifices were going to be made.

My new adventure was about to begin. I was at the start of something that could make a large impact on Voldemort. All I needed was to find the ingredients and brew the potion, then find a way inside of the Ministry. Somehow, I already figured out eighty percent of the plan.

The only thing that I wasn't sure about was how I was going to get the locket into my possession. But to be fair, I wasn't even sure how far I could get into the Ministry. This idea was truly just a trial and error one. I have a feeling that there are going to be many attempts.