24. Avis

Draco

Two days have passed since we went to the Room of Requirement. Today we were testing something different, we were putting a live object inside. We're positive that the Vanishing Cabinet is going to work.

As I waited for the time to come, I was in my dormitory, looking for my wand. I could have sworn I set it on my bed a while ago, but it was gone. I searched for it through all of the drawers and underneath the beds in the dorm.

I opened up one of the nightstand's drawer by Blaise's. "Looking for this?" Crabbe held my wand while fiddling with it in his hand.

"Yes, give it back Crabbe," I said, glaring at him.

"Why? Where are you going Malfoy?"

"To the Great Hall, I forgot something," I lied quickly.

"Well you don't need your wand then, do you?"

"It's none of your business Crabbe. Give me my bloody wand."

"I saw your girlfriend waiting around the common room. Are you going out with her then?"

"Give me my wand, or I'll hex you."

He chuckled, "You don't have a wand. Just tell me where you're going and I'll give it to you."

"Look, Crabbe. It's none of your bloody business so screw off," I said in frustration. When was he going to give me my wand back?

I scanned the room, and behind me, Blaise's wand laid on his nightstand. I took it and waved it, casting a non-verbal Expelliarmus on my wand to disarm Crabbe. It was weak, so it didn't come into my hand.

Crabbe whipped out his own wand, but I kept my guard up, "Crabbe, what the bloody hell are you doing? I'm not going to duel you."

"Stupefy!" He cast, but I was quicker.

I raised my wand to block the spell. "What the hell, man! I thought we weren't going to duel! If you want to duel, let's go to the courtyard! I'm not duelling you in our dormitory!"

"Locomotor Mortis," I blocked his spell once more.

"What's wrong with you? I told you, I'm not duelling you, Crabbe," I said impatiently, waiting for him to stop shooting spells at me. Continuously, I blocked them. He wasn't going to stop for some reason, so I cast, "Petrificus Totalus," his body froze with his wand pointed towards me.

I walked past him, and snarled, "You piece of dung. Don't be such a prick next time. It's for your own good. I need my wand to fulfil the Dark Lord's wishes," I hissed in his ear. "Don't piss me off next time or I might have to report you."

I smirked as I walked out of the dormitory. That had ought to scare him for a bit. Crabbe, Goyle, and Theo had an idea of what was going to happen to them in the future. They'd have to get marked just like their parents. But, none of them really talked about it.

As I turned into the common room, I had a smug look on my face. I didn't even know what Crabbe's intentions were.

"What took you so long?" Asked Juliette as she approached me.

I explained what happened on the way to the Room of Requirement. She mainly just laughed it off. By the time that conversation was over, we reached the seventh floor.

She pointed her wand at the cabinet. "Avis," a small bird came out of her wand, and I shut the cabinet before it could escape. "It's going to work right? It has to," she said. It was so weird how our moods changed instantly. Just a few moments ago we seemed like two regular school students. Now, we're strictly doing business for the Dark Lord.