28. Aunt Myra

Juliette

I slumped down onto the couch realizing how that bloody house-elf Krogee screwed me over. My wand was gone. What's a witch without a wand? Basically a Muggle.

Since the creature took my wand I couldn't Apparate anywhere or do anything. Now what?

I walked through the house another time but found nothing. The rooms were bare with grey walls and dark lighting. It seemed like everything had been untouched for years.

Thinking of the events which happened, it was no wonder why she didn't tell my mom why she left or where she went. After Aunt Myra found out my mom was a Death Eater, my family lost all connection with her. It was like she picked up her things and moved. Apparently my aunt was furious once she found out that both of my parents became Death Eaters.

After Voldemort disappeared, my aunt slowly forgave my mother, who also believed he was gone. Gradually, she became a significant figure in my life. We saw her quite often and I grew close to her, especially during my early years at Hogwarts. But then, when Voldemort returned, Aunt Myra didn't hesitate to flee again.

She was always my favourite aunt. Since my parents didn't write to me much while I was at school, Aunt Myra did almost every week. She was always there for me. But as I grew older, I slowly lost touch with her, especially when Voldemort came back. 

Draco

It's been a few hours since Juliette left. Both of our parents noticed during the afternoon. Juliette sometimes locked herself up in her room or avoided any contact with anyone. But then, when Lorie had knocked on her door, there was no answer. From there, her parents began to realize that she really was gone.

When her parents realized that their daughter was missing, they remained pretty calm. I was instructed to search all around the house. I followed their instructions, but really, it was pointless, I already knew she was gone.

Hours had passed, and now both of our parents were searching for her, Apparating from place to place and frantically pacing around.

My mother, her parents, and myself were seated at the dining table.

My mother tried to read my expression, "Draco, if you know something about Juliette's whereabouts, now would be the time to tell us," she said in a low voice.

"She didn't say anything to me," I said as convincingly as I could. "She never said a word to me. I would've said something ages ago if I knew something."

For however long Juliette was going to be gone for, I wasn't sure how long I was going to last here at the Manor alone. I was being called down every hour to make sure I wouldn't run off. At this point, anywhere but here sounded like a bloody brilliant idea.

Juliette

Long terrible hours passed. I wasn't sure how much longer I could go without magic! Life felt too boring. How did Muggles do it?

I decided that if Krogee didn't come back I would just stay in my aunt's flat for a day or so and then leave, seeking a spare wand from someone or somewhere. Having no wand was absolutely a lot more dreadful than I thought.

I sat in the kitchen reading a book which I was borrowing from Draco's room, which held information regarding the locket and horcruxes I re-read the same information over and over. The only assumption which I could make was that Voldemort would only want the locket if he could open it. Only a descendant of Salazar Slytherin could open the locket, according to the book.

The Chamber of Secrets was opened by two Parseltongues: Tom Riddle and Harry Potter. Parseltongues are people who can speak snakes, and those people must somehow be a descendant of Salazar Slytherin. Voldemort possessed this power, so if he could open it, only another Parseltongue could re-open it.

Why else would he want the locket? If Voldemort couldn't open it to put something in it, then what other use would it have?

A locket is used to inherit something or put something in it. After all of the reading that I've done, I've conspired a theory of the locket. I think that Voldemort could have potentially put a horcrux inside of the locket. Otherwise, why would it be so important that Nagini went to retrieve it for him?

------------------------------------------------------

It was now late at night and Krogee still hadn't returned. I fell asleep on the old grubby couch hoping for a goodnight's rest.

An abrupt knock hit the door five times, waking me up. The knocks were not welcoming or gentle, it was forceful and loud. I grunted and slowly got up, warily thinking about what to do. How am I going to defend myself?

I was wandless and vulnerable. If it was my parents they'd send me straight back to the Manor and I'd be punished. It could be Voldemort. What if they had a meeting last night and he was on the hunt for me? He'd kill me before I could even explain myself. Endless 'what if's' occurred to my mind which only made me fear of whatever was outside even more.

The high-pitched squeaky voice neared, "Mistress, Krogee only wanted to keep her secret!"

"Krogee, I told you that depending on-"

I stood frozen beside the couch, realizing that Krogee came back.

"Krogee, you bloody little house-elf! I swear I'm going to strangle you!" At full force, I ran to Krogee with my hands-free, and ready to strangle the fricking house-elf!

"Juliette?" The voice made me stop in my tracks. I thought, no it couldn't be! A tall slim figure, whose features had slightly aged, but she still seemed so young. Her dark hair flowed a little bit past her shoulders.

"Aunt Myra?" I ran to her and nearly took her out with my strong embrace. "I've missed you so much!" My eyes began to water as I buried my face into her damp coat which smelt like fresh rain.

"I've missed you lots too, my dear! Please, let's go to the kitchen and I'll fix you up some tea," I pulled back from her and smiled. Of all of my family, it was like my aunt was always the most supportive of any decisions that I made.

From a bloodline of Slytherins, she was sorted into Hufflepuff. My mother neglected her for their first three years at Hogwarts, but she then gave in to Myra's kind persona. Myra was finally accepted by at least one sibling in the family. The two became more sister-like until my mother made the decision to become a Death Eater, and my aunt became an auror.

"Krogee, please undo the charms and lock up the flat. I need it to be safe and secure. Oh, and please give Juliette her wand back," he followed her instructions, giving me my wand back, meanwhile scowling.

In a blink of an eye, I could see all of the pots and pans reveal itself. The wall colours turned to a turquoise and the dusty couch evolved to a much nicer one.

Of course, Aunt Myra used a disillusionment charm. How had that thought not come to my mind? She as well was gifted in charms.

From what I remembered, her gift in charms had been one of the main contributing reasons to why she had become an auror. I recalled that during her fourth year, she could already perform charms which few seventh-year students could perform.

I stood amazed as everything began to make the flat more lively, "Your mother taught me that one," my aunt said kindly. She waved her wand and the water began to boil in a silver kettle, "We have plenty of catching up to do, Juliette," she waved her wand again, pouring the hot water into the mugs. She passed me my tea, "It's been so long dear. So tell me, what brings you here?"

"I'm not sure how much you'll want to hear,  Aunt Myra. Everything has changed since..." and so I began with the summer of my fourth year.