14. Imperio

Juliette

When I woke up, my head was throbbing. It was difficult to think straight and I couldn't believe that Draco and I were following through with the plan. I have never felt so guilty and terrible in my life. Not once in my life did I ever feel the need to use one of the Unforgivable curses.

I laid in my bed for a few minutes, staring at the ceiling. I didn't want to hurt anyone, but we had no other choice. By making sure that Dumbledore had possession of the necklace was our only option at the moment, and it would ensure both Draco and I's safety.

It was now eleven. It was time to depart for Hogsmeade. Draco and I were about to meet up in the Room of Requirement. Carefully, I took the package with the necklace in it and hid it in my bag. The pit in my stomach began to grow at the sight of it.

I quickly hurried to the Room of Requirement. When I entered, Draco was already there.

I handed him the small package.

"I spent the entire night thinking about it," he said, carefully taking hold of the parchment. We walked in silence as we went through the empty passage which led us outside of Hogwarts.

"Draco?"

"Trails?"

"Please don't be angry at me," I planned on telling him about what happened between Harry, Hermione, Ron, and I as we walked through the passage.

"What did you do?" I quickly explained everything that happened a week ago, and surprisingly, Draco listened until I finished, without attacking me.

"Of course they acted scared and all. Wouldn't you?"

"I suppose. I guess it's just kind of scary thinking that the three people I grew up with, basically just turned their backs on me. Or vice versa. I want them to forgive me and all, but who would forgive someone who did something so terrible?"

"Forget about them. Trails, you'd be mental if you thought that they were just going to carry on with their day happily after you told them that you were practically a Death Eater. I wish I was there to see Potter's face. I bet it was hilarious! Better yet, Weasel-bee!"

I looked at him in disbelief and laughed. "You are terrible, did you know?"

"You're the one with the friends who ran off once you said you were a Death Eater."

"In a way, I see why they'd be angry. To them, I've been ignoring them for no reason. It's not exactly ideal to ignore your friends for the entire summer, especially when your parents were former Death Eaters. To add on to that, I've been with you a ton too, the 'arch nemesis'," I lightly punched his arm.

He scoffed, "I think you got the wrong person, Potter's the one that's scared of the Dark Lord."

"And you're not?" I asked. He stared at the ground and didn't say anything. I began to chuckle at his reaction.

"Shut up, will you? I'm not scared of him, I'm scared of what he can do. There's a difference, see?"

"Okay," I answered with some sarcasm in my tone.

We walked through the exit of the passage. From a distance, I could see the Shrieking Shack. Draco hid near the entrance of the passage and was ready. Now all I needed to do was find a person.

From where we were, you could hear the Shrieking Shack. It was a short walk to reach it. The passage led to a forest. You were supposed to follow the trail until you reached the path to Hogsmeade.

The trees had no leaves on them as it was winter. It was cold and snow was everywhere. Currently, there were small snowflakes falling from the sky. In a way, I admired the beauty of snowflakes. They were so intriguing and were always new.