41. The Second Dumbledore

Juliette

When I woke up, the first thing that I noticed was the grey gloomy sky. 

My chest felt empty. The last thing that I remembered was dropping into the cold water. Everything else was a blur.

I tried to sit up and see where I was, but two hands had pushed me down lightly.

"Not so quickly, you have to get up slowly," I heard Hermione's voice.

I tried to sit up again, obeying Hermione's instructions. "What happened?" I asked and then let out a nasty cough. I stared at Hermione, Harry, and Ron who were still soaking wet, but changed into clean clothes.

Ron began to explain to me what happened, "I dunno, you were going crazy. Thought you were mental. It was like you were having a tantrum underwater, but you couldn't get to the surface. You began to sink, so I pulled you out."

Slowly, I sat up facing the three. I tried to recall what had happened, but what I thought happened seemed unreal.

"I'm might be going crazy, but I think... I think You-Know-Who was in my head. The voice was so loud as if someone had turned the volume all the way up but in my ear. He wasn't yelling. Just talking. It was about how I... well he knows. He knows that I'm with you and that I'm a traitor. He's furious..."

Harry stared at me blankly and worriedly, "He got into my head as well, but I got into his as well... he knows we're hunting Horcruxes. I saw Hogwarts and Rowena Ravenclaw. My best guess is that the Horcrux is somewhere in the Ravenclaw tower."

I looked at him blankly. "Great, so what's the plan?"

The trio looked at each other, "We don't have one," said Hermione.

"So we're just going to barge into the castle then? What about the heightened security? I'm sure there's Dementors roaming, and don't forget, there's going to be Death Eaters," I said, trying to think about a way we could get into Hogwarts, meanwhile avoiding all of these obstacles.

"I say we get to Hogsmeade first, then figure it out. Harry has the Marauder's Map, so there's got to be a way," Ron replied as if it was no big deal.

"Okay, are we leaving now?" I asked, somewhat eagerly. Perhaps it was the adrenaline running through my veins that enforced this determination within me. 

"Are you okay? We can rest for a few more minutes," said Hermione, analyzing my movements careful.

I stood up, taking the spare change of clothes Hermione had in her hands. "I'm fine. I'll change and we can leave."

Hermione laughed awkwardly, "Hold on. Don't you think we should get some rest? Jul, you nearly drowned today."

I shrugged, "I'll get over it. It's going to pass."

Hermione stared at me in disbelief.

"Brilliant. I'll change and we'll Apparate out."

------------------------------------------------------

The moment we Apparated into Hogsmeade, a piercing loud siren blasted. 

It was so unexpected and it started me. Quickly, I hooked my arm into Hermione's so that we wouldn't lose each other, and we ran to a small area under a large tent. I could hear faint murmurs coming from various buildings in Hogsmeade. Most of the noises were coming from locals who were angry that we had interrupted their day. 

We scurried into the tent, where there were dozens of tables, yet little walking space. We hid underneath one near the back. The tablecloths were large enough to reach the ground so we wouldn't be seen.