26. Albus Dumbledore

Draco

Since Juliette and I successfully mended the Vanishing Cabinet, we got in contact with our parents and sent word. Before we knew it, a date was given to us when the Death Eaters were meant to invade Hogwarts. Ever since then, I dreaded this day. 

I was meant to murder Albus Dumbledore. Every time I looked at the clock, it seemed like time was moving so quickly. I never wanted to kill anyone. I don't want to kill Albus Dumbledore.

I felt like such a wreck today and it didn't help that other people noticed. According to Theodore Knott, I look like shit. I didn't have it in me to retort anything back at him. This entire day, I've felt miserable inside and out. I feel like a Dementor has sucked all the happiness out of me. 

The main goal for today was to make it seem like everything was normal. I couldn't be suspicious at all. Like any other day, I went to all of my classes. Each class went by so quickly to me, and as each professor spoke, I didn't retain any information. 

During Transfiguration, Professor McGonagall noticed that I was in a daze and snapped me out of it by telling me off. As much as I tried to focus and concentrate during class, I couldn't process anything. Juliette didn't even show up to any classes, she told people that she wasn't feeling well.

As dinner took place, we met up in the Room of Requirement. Both of us were equally nervous. She paced around the room as I fiddled with my wand.

We were instructed to send the Death Eaters through the Vanishing Cabinet by the end of dinner. The time began to near.

"I don't want to do this, Draco," she looked as miserable as me and I could tell she stayed up all night. The dark circles underneath her eyes gave it all away.

"Me neither," I interlocked my fingers into hers and held a tight grip on my wand in the other.

She turned her focus back to the Vanishing Cabinet. She pointed her wand at the cabinet, "Harmonia Nectere Passus," she repeated the spell and we both heaved a long sigh, backing away from the cabinet. Any moment now.

A cackling laughter filled the air, coming from no other than my Aunt Bellatrix. Juliette and I immediately let go of each other's hands. "My dearest nephew and a Trails! The Dark Lord will be so proud of you two!" Bellatrix continued to laugh joyfully.

Behind her, I could see my mother, Fenrir Greyback, the Carrows, Mason, and Lorie Trails.

My mother rushed over and pulled me into a tight embrace and Juliette's parents greeted me. 

"Finish what you must do, we will seek Severus," said my mother while pulling away from her tight embrace on me.

Earlier that week, Snape told us where to find Dumbledore, and if he was correct, we would find him in the Astronomy Tower. I tried to walk there as slow as I could, but Juliette kept on dragging me, forcing me to speed up.

I felt nauseous and terrified. I was about to murder one of the greatest wizards of all time. What would happen? I would be known as the one who killed Albus Dumbledore. I could only imagine the headline of the Daily Prophet, with a whole article written underneath.

Before I knew it, we were walking up the winding steps of the Astronomy Tower. As we walked got closer to the top, I heard two voices, but couldn't make out what they were saying, "Stay down here," I whispered to Juliette.

"No! I'm not leaving you whether you like it or not," she said stubbornly.

I shook my head and continued the walk up to the top. I could hear Dumbledore's voice muffled.